Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

John
Guide
Guide
Hello,

Has anyone experienced this issue. On several cameras, at one point, when the night vision turned on, instead of a B/W picture the picture was red. When I took out the batteries and reinserted the problem fixed itself. Now on one of the outdoor cameras the picture is once again red?
326 REPLIES 326
Alfie123
Tutor
Tutor
Over night, I have tried something that seems to have worked on my "red" camera. It may only be temporary, so no promises - but it might be worth someone else trying it to test the solution. This is exactly what I did.

1. During the day light, turn the Night Vision OFF for the problem camera for severa hours (3). This can be done In settings, devices, camera name, video settings.

2. Turn night vision back on After it has turned dark.

3. Take a couple of photos and make a recording on the problem red tint camera.

4. Leave over night and see if the red tint has gone when the sun comes up.

(This can all be down remotely on mobile app or on web). I did it on the web app.

I will keep you posted if it remains stable. Let us know if it works for you.
DBlount
Tutor
Tutor
I am having the same issue, the camera gas worked fine for a few months but the last 48 hours have been tinted red on the outside camera.
DAVE
220pepers64
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I'm having the same problem with just one of my cameras. I put new batteries had to climb 2 times to get them to work now they're pink! The picture is pink!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

220pepers64,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Alfie123
Tutor
Tutor
Since my workaround in my last post My camera is still ok. Someone else or support should try it!
STARRTYME
Aspirant
Aspirant

John wrote:
Hello,

Has anyone experienced this issue. On several cameras, at one point, when the night vision turned on, instead of a B/W picture the picture was red. When I took out the batteries and reinserted the problem fixed itself. Now on one of the outdoor cameras the picture is once again red?

Same here mine started 3 weekds ago also noticed night vision is going dark not bright... these things cost 159.00 open a case good luck!

STARRTYME
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yea,

I agree they should be more stringent on these things or sell them for 29.00 not 159.00 they should pay the postage I think but at least they have started a new technology that IS AFFORDABLE that few can compare too if any I mean common in their defense this is Generation #1 lol look at video games and cars in comparison for their fist gen?  Overall good Job Arlo!

thecoooch
Star
Star

One in four of my outdoor Arlo's has the red tinted picture.  I have tries everything to fix it.  Replacing batteries, removing from system and reinstalling to system.  Nothing fixes it.  How can I get a replacement camera from NETGEAR?  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

thecoooch,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Mgoebel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue , picture is red, how do I fix it ?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mgoebel,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. i would be happy to help.

JamesC

MrIrish
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here... red tint on all images on only 1 of 4 cameras... replaced the batteries, no help... does that mean I need a replacement or is there another fix?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Some things that others have reported to have helped:

- Reset camera using battery door (you've already done this)

- Remove camera from the system using Settings, My Devices, choose the camera and use the Remove button.  Reset the camera and resync

- In the same location as above, turn Night Vision off, save, turn it back on and save again

- Carefully but firmly use your hand to hit the camera on various surfaces to try to free the filter from its stuck position

- Create a trouble ticket for RMA

JackP
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have one that is RED all the time now for last week.

I have to get a ladder to get it down.

Are they ALL going to do this??

ADD:

I took it down, pulled battery to reset, still looks red.

IMG_0970.JPG

Other camera looks fine??

IMG_0971.JPG

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the message just above yours.  It's all you can do.

thecoooch
Star
Star
Same happened to me. Netgear replaced. They will make you send them a picture/video of the camera in red. You also have to send them a picture of the serial number inside the camera battery compartment. Once they receive this they will send you an RMA number that you need to print and send back to them with bad camera. You have to pay for postage to them and they will ship you a refurbished camera back (no charge for shipping there). Only one of my cameras did this out if 4......and yes I had to climb up a ladder to take camera down and back up a week or so later when I got my refurbished camera back. I am still having trouble reintroducing this camera back to my system as it it does not allow it in some rules I have set up. I tried syncing a few times and it will not allow it in a rule that activates it if a another camera see motion. Good luck.
My_vaca
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 cameras bought about 4 mos ago.  One camera just started to show the picture in a red hue during daylight. I see lots of others have had this happen but don't see a resolution.   Please help!

JGC2000
Apprentice
Apprentice

My_vaca: There is no permanent solution that you can do at home.  You have to have the camera replaced by the Netgear warranty process. I know you probably don't want to read through all 22 pages of this thread but that has been stated many times.  Find a post by JamesC (There is one at the top of page 22) and follow that link to email arlo support and they will get the process started. And just be prepared for a less than quick process.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

My_vaca,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Beach20
Tutor
Tutor

just replaced the batteries in one of my two cameras and about a week later it had this very dark pink hue. This seems to be a known hardware problem, so why the dance with the battery and reboot from Arlo....Not that I really think the requirement for the photos, battery swap and reboot is overly burdensome on its face value. It is just that I purchased these cameras to monitor a vacation home in Florida, so it is not so easy to jump thru those hoops from a 1000 miles away. I sent a link to my video feed, why do I need to Fly to Florida

gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

I've now had two camera develop this 'pink' image problem. The first was replaced under warranty a few weeks ago and now the replacement has done the same.

My observation is that it seems to be related to a period of cold damp weather followed by warmer weather. I therefore believe that the problem could be caused by condensation which if dries after a few days the camera starts to work properly again without the 'pink'.

It would be interesting for Netgear to comment on this as I cannot keep returning cameras?

wth1
Tutor
Tutor

My camera's picture turned a red.  I also have the same problem

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager
wth1,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

DougN
Aspirant
Aspirant
After just a couple of weeks my camera is now having the problem of going red during the day and blurry at night.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager
DougN,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC