Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

John
Guide
Guide
Hello,

Has anyone experienced this issue. On several cameras, at one point, when the night vision turned on, instead of a B/W picture the picture was red. When I took out the batteries and reinserted the problem fixed itself. Now on one of the outdoor cameras the picture is once again red?
326 REPLIES 326
shawv
Guide
Guide

I just got my replacement camera today. I had my 3 cameras for 3 weeks or so and one of the 3 cameras went red. I sent in a picture of the S/N and a copy of the receipt and had to pay for shipping back to NetgearSmiley Sad I just got it going and hopefully I don't see the issue again. This looks like a huge problem for Netgear.

jmbiii
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem. Red picture during daylight hours, at night the IR picture is proper B&W.

Camera is only four or five weeks old.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jmbiii,

I will reach out to you in a private message to help resolve this issue.

JamesC

Cook21
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue. Gone through two sets of batteries in 3 weeks and that is not cheap!! Hope to see a resolve soon.
smasty
Tutor
Tutor

SAME ISSUE HERE!!!!!  My cameras are only 6 weeks old.....one has gone pink tint on me--power cycling does not fix it.  One cycled in and out of pink but seemed to have resolved itself.  I have a case open

Sue

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cook21,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

beerad5
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also having this issue is there any fix
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

beerad5,

Please contact the  Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC
Gseider
Aspirant
Aspirant
Haveing same problem even after reset and take battery out.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gseider,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC
Bobbermange
Guide
Guide

I also need an answer and solution for this problem...

Bobbermange
Guide
Guide

If it so with snow it should be to both of my cameras outside...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager
Bobbermange,

Please contact the  Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC
ryzabov
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue on one of four cameras just purchased last week. Thanks to this thread I decided not to bother with an RMA and rather just return the unit to Amazon. Since the camera was part of a 3+1 bundle, I'll be able to return the defective unit separately. If I have any other issues in the next couple weeks, the rest is going back to Amazon as well.

This product does potentially solve a great need in the market, but so far the execution has failed to impress me. Of course, my security needs can't wait for Netgear to get their act together in the next revision. If issues aren't ironed out, I'll have to move on to the next competing product.

*sigh*

JGC2000
Apprentice
Apprentice

It appears my camera is also suffering from the dreaded red/pink picture issue. I have been able to get the picture to return to normal the last two days when it occurred by removing the batteries to reset it, but it is unreasonable to have to do this and re aim/position the camera every day. Hopefully Arlo/Netgear can help me out. To me it basically seems like the night vision simply won't turn off when the sun comes up each day.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JGC2000,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC
Chas_K
Guide
Guide
Hi I installed a 4 camera system on Monday 1-4-16 everything has been fine until and this morning when one of the cameras has developed this problem of the image being red. I appreciate any assistance.

Regards, Chas
Chas_K
Guide
Guide
I just saw the link for the support team. I will contact them, thank!
cvlahovich
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too have had a camera turn pink/red...... help!  And its only a month old!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not recommended but I wonder if a "calibrated" thump would free up a sticking IR filter? Don't just whale on it but a sturdy knock might help. Try it with batteries in and out - might make a difference.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cvlahovich,

JamesC
Nickjb
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have also started to have this problem, 1 out of a 5 camera system is showing a red/pink display..!??
Tsl0521
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 5 cameras including one positioned outside. It has begun experiencing the red/pink condition. It just happened this morning and the batteried are full. Please help.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nickjb, Tsl0521

JamesC
JGC2000
Apprentice
Apprentice

For everyone who is dealing with this problem and gets the standard please contact support message just be prepared to wait. Since I first sent a message to support on 1/7 I have gotten 3 responses and have answered all their questions and provided all the documentation for the warranty. But I still don't have an answer as to how they are going to fix the problem. I just got their 3rd reply which basically said that they are escalating the case to the next level of support and that those people should get back to me in 24 to 72 hours.

You would think this would be a fairly straighforward process especially since it appears to affect a large number Arlo cameras based on this thread, and it wouldn't take what I'm guessing will be at least 2 weeks for a solution to occur.

Good luck to everyone else with the same issue and I'll try to update you if I get anywhere with my case.