Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Millie706
Star
Star

Phone suddenly says I'm not connected to the internet. I am connected.  I'm on my desktop now and have no problem 'connecting' to the internet.  First the two step verification which you are forcing on us.  This is my damn security system, I paid for it, let me run it like I want.  I do not want to wait 10 or 15 seconds for a verification code to see who is at my door.  This is the last straw.  Bad enough Arlo catches the UPS man as he's leaving!  Bad enough my nbor stood at my door for 15 min and it recorded NOTHING.  I'm an 80 yr old woman who needs to be able to see right away who is on my porch.  I'm sickened that I've wasted almost $300 on something that no longer does what it's supposed to.  I've uninstalled the app on my Android and reinstalled, stll 'no connection to internet'.  

I think I know now why I keep seeing Arlo cameras being sold in the FB sale groups.   

8 REPLIES 8
Aarakv
Aspirant
Aspirant
When ever I try to login to my arlo app, it comes up with an error and says internet not available. All other apps on my phone are working fine. I have to then restart my phone and it app then works fine.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Millie706 and Aarakv,

What device are you using and what iOS/Android OS version are you running?

We recently released a new version of the Arlo app, which is version 2.21.2 on Android and 2.21 on iOS. Try updating your Arlo app and reboot your phone device to see if that helps. You can read more about the new version here: Arlo Android App - 2.21.2 - 19th October 2020 and Arlo iOS App - 2.21 - 16th October 2020

Millie706
Star
Star

I have done all the things that have been suggested, uninstalled, reinstalled the app, turned off the phone, and nothing helped.  Today, I couldn't access my library but your team was 'working on it'.  Magically, after the team worked on the lack of library, I now have my live feed again.  All this without me doing anything today.  This is frustrating that the problem was apparently on your end but we were told all the things we should try.  I remain dissatisfied with these Arlo cameras.  I would be loath to sell them to someone else because i can't recommend them in all honesty.  

Grinch777
Guide
Guide

I have had the same problem for the past week and it has got worse by the day.

The app tells me that I am not connected to the internet when I am looking at the base showing three green lights,

No recordings in the library when notifications show several, only when the phone is rebooted do the recording show.

The base started to lose signal, checking all the other units connected to the router and they were all working fine. I have looked into updating the base only to find that the compatible 4000 is discontinued and the 4500 is only for the Pro and Pro+!

I looked into reinstalling the app, even though it shows up to date, and the date of release was 28/10/20 which was about the time my problems began! Coincidence or what?

Any advise other than bin the lot!

Millie706
Star
Star

If you can afford to pitch it (or try selling it to someone else which is a crappy thing to do) do it.  What use is a camera system if it doesn't pick up movement half the time?  My nbor was replacing a blade on my chainsaw at the door for over 15 min and it picked up nothing.  But hey, it does capture the cat who's been sleeping on my wicker loveseat on the porch at 3 in the a.m.  I can't afford to throw it out, I am stuck with it, which angers me no end. I have two cameras, one faces the front door but I don't get the notification until about 3 minutes later during which time they've already gone so no good looking at the camera on my phone to see who's been at the door.  The other faces the driveway /side porch  where I leave items that someone has bought so they can pick it up, leave money in the basket and go.  Sometimes it picks up someone and other times, nothing.    Something has changed with Arlo. These cameras  used to be better but they are now glitchy as *(&^#.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Grinch777 and Millie706,

If you're having problems with your Arlo system, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Grinch777
Guide
Guide

Just had to install new batteries to one of my cameras and on booting up the app informs me that I need to update the firmware on the camera. if the firmware has been updated on this camera then all the cameras must have had the update, could this be the problem that some of us are experiencing?

Josey48
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo cameras have not been working well for at least the last 2 months. Keeps saying I am not connected to the internet and I am. I have called support three times and now my cameras don't work at all. I have done all the steps required to get it to connect and it doesn't record anything of course as my cameras do not work. I see many bad reviews about this and was promised they were working on this and the last update will fix this problem but it didn't. Yes I have removed the app and reinstalled it, yes I have restarted the base, yes I have checked my internet strength, yet I have resynced my cameras last time I called you. These cameras don't record instantly either and they buffer and there is a lag in the recording too. I am ready to throw them away and get a system that works consistently. Tired of calling, tying to fix them and support doesn't fix this recurring problem. Check you reviews they are bad due to this problem...Fix  IT!