Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
lsriggle
Follower
Follower

Our Arlo Alerts on our phones are not working. We see that it is recording when there is motion, but we are not recieving notifications.  Up until just a few weeks ago, all was fine, then nothing... anyone else have this issue? How can we fix it?

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you read any of the many, many threads with the answers in them?  It's always the same - click on the Mode tab, select your system and edit your modes to enable notifications (as well as change other settings).

pacifictime0000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the exact same issue. Notifications have work fine for over a year and recently stopped on my iPhone.

I do get notification on one of my iPads. It might be the recent iOS update. The iPad is 9.2 and I updated my phone to 9.2.1.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you follow the directions I suggested in the post above yours?  Usually the issue is needing to enable notifications.  If they're enabled, something else is amiss.  Start with reinstalling the app.

Hammertime371
Aspirant
Aspirant
Im having the same problem... followed the instruction above to find push notifications and emails were enabled.. my email would stop sending notification which i think may happen why you get loke 300+ from the same adress...why i delete them all the notications started working again... so i disabled email notifications and just want push instead. That worked for about a week and now it stopped again... reboot base several times.. now get this.. my phone is the main account. My wife is added user. Her push notification never stop.. only mine... whats the deal??
Hammertime371
Aspirant
Aspirant
So it works now...when it stops getting alerts ya have to goto the arlo app and force it to stop... then clear the catch and toggle notification off then back on.. this on android s5...reinstalling the app would do the same thing but thats the long way around
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you actually tried an app reinstall to see what happens?

john1005
Guide
Guide

I'm not getting push notificions either.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

john1005,

Check your rules to make sure push notifications are enabled. Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Mode > Select your base station > click the pencil icon next to your active mode > click edit on the rule for the desired camera > enable push notifications. Make sure to do this for each camera you would like to send push notifications.

JamesC