Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to get all 4 of my camera to record?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
supaflyz
Guide
Guide

Ok I'm new with this whole Arlo system.  I bought the 4 camera package at Best Buy.  I install it fairly easy.  Right now I only install 2 of the 4 cameras.  The base system detects it and I can see it on my Android app.

My first question is I accidently click on live video.  Then I click on the pause button.  I didn't see any option to exit live mode.  So now when motion is detected I get a recording with a snap shot.  Does that mean I'm still in live mode?  I don't want to drain the battery already on my first day.

My second camera is in the front of the house.  I know these cameras pick up side to side motion better than straight on so I mounted at an angle at corner of the house.  Capture me coming in perfectly with minimum lag of 1 to 2 seconds.  Then I click on mode settings.

For some reason now only one of my camera record if I hightlight it.  Then the front camera don't record.  I unhighlight the other camera and highlight the first one then the first one detect motion and record.  How do I make all 4 camera record on detection.  I have set it up at 100 percent sensitivity.  I know for a fact that it works.  I just dont know how to make all of them work at the same time. 

3 REPLIES 3
supaflyz
Guide
Guide

Ok the more correct term is how do I get both cameras to go online.  I notice that the running man is grey out whenever I click on front door camera.  When I click on back door camera then front door camera running man is grey out.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

supaflyz,

It sounds like you want your active mode to contain rules telling all cameras to record on motion. Armed is a default mode that already exists on your system that contains the rules for this.

When live streaming the cameras motion detection is temporarily disabled (for the duration of the stream), this is why the running man turns gray. Clicking pause will end the live stream returning the cameras to their active mode.

JamesC

supaflyz
Guide
Guide
Thank you James😃