Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pan & Zoom for motion detection but display full image

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Paul101
Tutor
Tutor

I use the Pan & Zoom function to zoom in on a specific area where I want motion to be detected. My problem is that the video captured is only of the zoomed area, whereas I need the full vision of the camera captured.

Hopefully I am just missing something in the settings, but if not, it would be great for an option to be included to capture either the zoomed area or the entire field of vision of the camera.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tinokremer
Apprentice
Apprentice

I might be wrong, but it's my understanding the motion detection is not much more then an IR sensor. You can set sensitivity in the mode settings. The area you select with pan&crop is only for viewing and has nothing to do with the motion detection.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tinokremer
Apprentice
Apprentice

I might be wrong, but it's my understanding the motion detection is not much more then an IR sensor. You can set sensitivity in the mode settings. The area you select with pan&crop is only for viewing and has nothing to do with the motion detection.

Paul101
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks.....and i think you are correct.

I also found this thread which confirms the same https://community.netgear.com/t5/Features/Limiting-Motion-Detection-Area/td-p/2631 

I particularly like the idea of covering part of the IR sensor to 'focus' the field of motion detection. 

So i will change my settings back to full field of view.

Thanks.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Paul101 wrote:

Thanks.....and i think you are correct

So i will change my settings back to full field of view.

Sometimes...tho , the pan/view can be your friend.

Yes it is true if you shrink the picture , the PIR still covers the whole field of view.

But this can help under some conditions.   Since the PIR covers the whole fov, the sensor is also more sensitive on the edges, you can shrink your picture to cover a small area of interest... the subject entering the fov actually triggers the sensor before they are in the cropped picture... in effect, it makes it appear to reduce the delay that happens between the trigger event and actual record starting.

If your conditions fit this, you can use it to make the camera appear to record sooner.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------