Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Painting Camera and Covering LED

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
GusMcCrae
Follower
Follower

Is there any reason I wouldn't be able to paint my cameras a different color? I was thinking of maybe using model airplane paint or something to paint my cameras more discrete colors, like the color of my house trim and perhaps a camo pattern for one up in a tree.

But I wanted to make sure it was safe to do so first.

Also, I read that there is some type of LED indicator light on the front of the cameras that may light up or flash for various reasons.  Can these be taped over (with a piece of electric tape) or are they actually necessary for the function of the camera?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

no reason why you cant paint them with the proper paint that sticks to the shell plastic...

You have to prob mask out the entire front;  as you can't cover the lens. pir sensor, IR illuminator which are around the lens area ( look in dark room and turn cam on to see , they glow lightly red at 850nm ).. the bottom two leds you could prob cover but they don't really show any action except if the battery gets low the right side flashes amber now and then ( looking at front )

have you seen the camo type wraps they have now instead of paint?  A 1ftx 2ft is $12 and sticks on and shrinks tight with hair dryer.

http://www.mossyoakgraphics.com/mossy-oak-matte-camo-roll

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
PaulQ_USA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you post back if you actually paint one of the cameras and let us know what paint you used and how it went? Thanks!

Jharrin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I plan to paint my housings with Brown Plasti Dip spray to match my trim color. This can be peeled off later and recoated if you need to access to change batteries.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I sprayed one of my cameras with flat black Krylon paint... worked fine and it hides well now under an eave.

All i did was cover the entire front with blue painters tape.

Morse is faster than texting!