Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
falconT70
Tutor
Tutor

I have seen others complaining about the same issue but I did not see any solution 😞 A picture is worth a thousand words so just look at the attached picture and tell me what you think. The UPS person is both pixelated and duplicated! (yes, there was only one person). Never seen it with the cameras installed indoor but multiple times with the one outdoors.

My upload speed is WAY higher than 1Mb/s and the wifi signal at the camera is strong.

Any ideas?

--Tom

Arlo Pixelated.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
falconT70
Tutor
Tutor

I ended up replacing the camera with a different one (same model) - problem solved. Same location, same distance from the router, same Internet line.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

falconT70,

A pixelated or distorted image often times is caused by WiFi interference or poor signal strength due to range. Try relocating the camera or base station so that they are closer together to further isolate the issue. When relocating also try to limit the number of nearby WiFi devices that could potentially be causing interference.

JamesC

falconT70
Tutor
Tutor

I ended up replacing the camera with a different one (same model) - problem solved. Same location, same distance from the router, same Internet line.

gildrush
Apprentice
Apprentice

James C, man you have to stop with the stock answers to this problem. It only serves to add to the frustration and are of no help!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
If you have this issue and haven't tried the potential solutions, there's not much else we can suggest.