Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Arlozub
Aspirant
Aspirant

Random question but does ARLO no longer support their "Arlo wire-free" cameras? I had 3 and all of a sudden they all stopped working at the same time. Kinda sus since I just upgraded my home base a few months ago.

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlozub wrote:
 does ARLO no longer support their "Arlo wire-free" cameras? 

Yes. 

@Arlozub wrote:
I had 3 and all of a sudden they all stopped working at the same time. 

Is the base offline?

Arlozub
Aspirant
Aspirant
The base station is online. Both my arlo pro 2 cameras that came with the station work fine . Never an issue with connection on arlo pro 2. HOWEVER my 3 arlo wire free cameras stopped working at the exact same time. I tried disconnecting them, moving base station in a separate room away from interference, and still no luck. I just find it hard to believe all 3 cameras stop working all together without arlo pushing some sort of update through requiring me to purchase new cameras....
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlozub wrote:
 I just find it hard to believe all 3 cameras stop working all together without arlo pushing some sort of update through requiring me to purchase new cameras....

Arlo still supports those cameras, and didn't push anything to intentionally break them.

That said, I don't know what happened in your case.  You might try removing one of the cameras from the account and re-add it.  Perhaps insert new batteries when you do this.

trickytcamgeek
Luminary
Luminary

I also have an original Arlo Wireless camera with the silver Bezel.   It stopped connecting, so I removed it from my system and tried to reconnect via the “Add new device”.   Unfortunately that particular model of camera is no longer an option to connect to the base station.   It looks like the software relating to base stations has been updated and support to connect to the original Arlo wireless camera has been removed.

My camera is now a brick with no use at all.

For information, the Option to add a new device ==> Camera gives the choice of:

Ultra

Pro

Essential

None of those options include the original Arlo Wireless model.   I have of course tried installing the camera as if it were a later model, e.g. Arlo Pro or Pro 2, but obviously it does not find the device.

So despite the comment by StephenB (superviser) below, it seems Arlo has dropped support for the earlier cameras.

What  this means is that they may continue working until you remove them (e.g. due to a connection problem), but the option to add them back as a new device has been removed!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@trickytcamgeek wrote:

So despite the comment by StephenB (superviser) below, it seems Arlo has dropped support for the earlier cameras.

You must have meant "superuser".  I don't work for Arlo.

@trickytcamgeek wrote:

It stopped connecting, so I removed it from my system and tried to reconnect via the “Add new device”.   Unfortunately that particular model of camera is no longer an option to connect to the base station.  

Not sure what's going on with the app.  But you can use a PC browser (my.arlo.com) and select "Other" when you add device.  Then select "Arlo".  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also be sure to scroll down to find the Other cameras selection.

Arlozub
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just to respond to the super users, I have already tried this. I've had my original cameras for 3 years and know how to reconnect them.... When I try to reconnect them the arlo wireless it is literally next to the base station searching for each other like a blind mice. Before someone asks, yes I went out to my local supermarket, wasted $20 on batteries that did not fix the issue. As one person posted on here, once you remove the device, it seems nearly impossible to reconnect. All I'm asking arlo is to save me some time, and let me know if you no longer allow "alro wireless" to connect to the base station? This is a similar tactic that Apple/Samsung does to their phones.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tested adding a two Arlo wireless cameras to my older 4000 AND newer 5000 base...

they were sitting for over a year.

Had no issue ( yes I do have a plan tho it shouldn't be required as it is a legacy camera ) with either base

Use program via web, followed directions choosing OTHER under cameras... hooked up in 20 secs.

The cams needed a FW update and that took less than a min...

Camera working fine so don't know why your having issues

EDIT:

used remove device several times from both bases, no issue getting them to reconnect back onto bases

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------