Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
brucerhyno58
Follower
Follower

What will happen if the cameras are outside and the temp drops below 14 deg?  Our temps here in South Dakota drop below the 14 deg. limit.  Will this damage the camera?

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

brucerhyno58,

The Arlo cameras are designed to withstand temperatures as low as 14 degrees. NETGEAR does not advise using the cameras at lower temperatures as this could potentially cause damage to the camera. Please take a look at the following article that outlines weather condition thresholds: Are Arlo cameras weatherproof?

JamesC

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

brucerhyno58 wrote:

What will happen if the cameras are outside and the temp drops below 14 deg?  Our temps here in South Dakota drop below the 14 deg. limit.  Will this damage the camera?

In NY, I've worked the camera down to zero degrees without issue ( tho at really low temps I believe the battery chem process starts to fall off , -20 ?)

In another thread on site a gent in CO has run also at same temps , no problems. I'll send him a messg and ask the lowest.

Less than zero?  can't say as I haven't tested !

older thread ; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Installation/Battery-life-in-cold-climates/m-p/1004397#U1004397

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------