Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Only supporting iOS 10 and higher for new Arlo app

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Stefaan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good one on disabling the ability to use my old mounted ipad to check my cameras now that you will only support IOS 10 and higher. Talk about fixing something that wasn't broken. Who thought this was a good idea, you market your cameras to an entry level consumer yet then you force high end equipement upon them to access it. I will now have FIVE cameras I won't be able to access unless I buy a new ipad! Gross incompetence and ignorance when it comes to understanding your own customer base!  I appreciate you need to keep going with the times but then at least keep the current app functional!  

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Stefaan,

We appreciate your feedback about the new Arlo app and will be shared with the team.

You could use the web client, which is http://my.arlo.com.

Stefaan
Aspirant
Aspirant

My feedback is appreciated but my business clearly is not.  Absolutely pathetic, your web client barely works as it CONSTANTLY drops out, only the app seems to be what allows a persistent connection.  You have completely broken my ability to access my cameras going forward unless I buy a new ipad.  I feel like making an official complaint with the Australian Consumer Affairs commision about this disaster.  This is fundamentally false advertising as your product webdsite states IOS, it does NOT state anything about any minimal versions!  

You really dropped the ball on this one!

NOT HAPPY!

FladII
Aspirant
Aspirant

I HAS THE EXACT SAME ISSUE .. I'm SO UPSET THAT THE NEW APP ONLY WORKS ON 10 PLUS.. WE NEED THIS FIXED...PLEASE!!!