Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Hotsparks
Apprentice
Apprentice

All three cameras will send email notification but only one will not send push notifications.  I have disconnected and reconnected the camera and taken out the batteries but that did not help.  I noticed when the camera is reconnected it still has the same name.  Is there a way to reset it to make it think it's a new camera?

iOS

Camera H7

Firmware 1.2.11810

Thanks,

James

When I talked to support he got off on a tangent that my camera was not updating but from what I saw in an article this is the latest for my camera.  And that should have nothing to do with my problem.  Personally I have found phone support for this product to be next to worthless.  They have their script and start asking questions that has nothing to do with the problem.  And one asked me to download a program that appeared to be a troubleshooting programs and he used it to connect to my computer without even asking my permission.  He said something about my Microsoft Connectivity Assistant service being turned off but that is Windows and I don't see where that has anything to do with Arlo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The next step for you would be to delete all devices and then do a factory reset on the base. Do this by holding a paperclip in the reset button hole until the green power LED turns amber. Wait for the system to power up (power and internet lights go green). Then sync each camera one by one and go through and check your modes and all the rules. Good luck

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The next step for you would be to delete all devices and then do a factory reset on the base. Do this by holding a paperclip in the reset button hole until the green power LED turns amber. Wait for the system to power up (power and internet lights go green). Then sync each camera one by one and go through and check your modes and all the rules. Good luck

Hotsparks
Apprentice
Apprentice

That’s was going to be my fallback if no other solution was given. 

Thanks,

James

Hotsparks
Apprentice
Apprentice

A reset of the base did not work.  It surprised me that the cameras came back with the same name they were given originally.  I would of thought that would of been reset also.

James

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Did the base station name reset?

Hotsparks
Apprentice
Apprentice

I didn’t see the base station name (I don’t recall what it was). But it showed (by serial number) disconnected, after 15 minutes, so I removed it and readded it and gave it a new name. 

But it I did push the reset button for over 10 sec and the lights were yellow for quite some time.  

Hotsparks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Does it appeared it worked correctly or should I try again?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I can't remember if the camera names are retained. I know the base reverts to a serial number but that's no help if you didn't change it to start with. You can always try again

Hotsparks
Apprentice
Apprentice

It required me to give it a name.