Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jbakeraz12
Tutor
Tutor

I have 2 cameras set up out side my front yard... when I have it in 'armed' and both cameras are to activate with motion, only one is recording. WHY? 

I want both to record when motion is detected. 

Thank you. 

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Each one has to detect motion unless you've created a mode with nested rules (Cam1 records when Cam2 detects motion and vice versa). Tell us more about what you've tried.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a PS;  make sure both cameras ( in Live View screen ) show the 'running men' as BLACK when ARMED ( not gray which is disarmed )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jbakeraz12
Tutor
Tutor

Ok. So should I have no rules? 

jbakeraz12
Tutor
Tutor

Yes. They are both on Live.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jbakeraz12 wrote:

Ok. So should I have no rules? 

MODES determin what cameras are on/off/scheduled, etc... RULES are in the modes and say WHAT the camera does and for how long

You get the default modes ARMED ( all on ) and DISARMED ( all off ) ( rules for each camera are contained in the actual ARMED mode )

If you want to have one on and the other off, you need to create a CUSTOM Mode ( do search above as to how ), otherwise ARMED will turn both on.

Morse is faster than texting!
jbakeraz12
Tutor
Tutor

Ok... I am showing you my 'modes'. I would think with the way I have them set, and both being at my front door, they would both recored motion. But, they are not. 

Capture Arlo 1.PNG

Capture arlo 2.PNG

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

One mode shows "front door window" - is that camera pointed THROUGH a window?  If so, and you're using a wireless camera, motion will not be detected by that camera since most glass blocks the IR needed for motion detection.  You could change that mode so that if the "front door and path" camera detects motion and records on "front door window".  This is commonly called a nested rule.