Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
jcbrown59
Guide
Guide

Online Firmware Update Fails Everytime.  How Do You Manually Upload a Firmware Update?

Probably Can't Because You Have to Log Into the Device.  WiFi NETGEAR78.

Hardware VMB3010r2.  Current Firmware 1.11.9.0_26520.  Pending New Firmware 1.12.0.0_27099.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jcbrown59
Guide
Guide

Took Base Station to Different Location Away from the Arlo HD Cameras and Arlo Security Lights.  Firmware Updated Successfully.

Set Base Station Back Up.  Resync Arlo HD Cameras.  Update Arlo HD Cameras Firmware.

Deleting Cameras and/or Settings is Not Required.  Poorly Designed Firmware Update Process.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @jcbrown59,

What error are you receiving when trying to update the firmware?

You can update the firmware by going to your Arlo app or through the web version. You can go through Settings > My Devices > Select your Product > Device Info > Firmware > Update. You can read here on how to update the firmware here: How do I update my Arlo firmware manually?

jcbrown59
Guide
Guide

No Errors Indicated.

I Have Done that Process Multiple Times.  Base Station Will Not Update.

jcbrown59
Guide
Guide

This Process Never Works.  No Errors.

Arlo Update.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync. Update firmware when prompted.

jcbrown59
Guide
Guide

Delete ALL Four Cameras and Three Security Lights?  How Do I Save and Reload ALL the Rules?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is this happening for all of your devices? If not, do this for only the affected ones. I would try a single one first to see if it helps. Any settings and modes/rules for any device that's removed and resynced will have to be manually recreated so take notes before deleting.

jcbrown59
Guide
Guide

Only Update Available is for the Base Station.  I Should Take the Base Station to a Different Location Without Sensing the Cameras and Lights.

jcbrown59
Guide
Guide

Took Base Station to Different Location Away from the Arlo HD Cameras and Arlo Security Lights.  Firmware Updated Successfully.

Set Base Station Back Up.  Resync Arlo HD Cameras.  Update Arlo HD Cameras Firmware.

Deleting Cameras and/or Settings is Not Required.  Poorly Designed Firmware Update Process.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup, blame Arlo for an issue with your networking. If it works someplace else but not at your home, it's your home network and/or ISP that's the problem.