Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One or two cameras always drop offline after rebooting base station

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bill_E
Follower
Follower

Since my earlier comment on repeated resets of the base station eventually getting my cameras back online this did not robustly solve my issue.  I have had my system installed for a few years and this is a relatively new issue.  I’ve never had this random offline camera issue until relatively recently and I suspect maybe a software issue or firmware upgrade to the base station might have something to do with it.   When I reset the base station one or two of my four camera system cameras comes back online, but it’s not always the same cameras that come back...  2 indoor, 2 outdoor, location does not seem to matter (spent lots of money replacing batteries making sure that was not the problem).   Cannot seem to consistently keep all cameras online - has been months since all 4 have worked together reliably...   every time I reset the base station it seems random which one or two (of 4) cameras come back online...  system is really crippled.  

JamesC, or any Arlo support expert, can you please help ?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you're likely out of warranty, I would try a "fix" by buying a one camera system or just the base (Pro suggested) and use the new base for testing. Remove everything from Settings, My Devices. Unplug the old base and install the new one. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and then sync the cameras. I suspect the base is goofy and needs to be replaced. Make sure you have a return privilege so you don't spend money without a fix.