Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Stuck in "getting status"

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Cathyh
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo app shows cameras in "getting status" mode.  No recordings, not live views, nothing.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try reinstalling the app as well as logging out and back in? Also, try a browser.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

force a close and reset OR uninstall the app and re-install

If you have access to a computer , you can test the system there too at.   https://arlo.netgear.com/

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Benchu
Aspirant
Aspirant
Stuck in getting status on app.

Restarted app, phone, logged out no change.

I would unplug the base station bit I'm away from home. So much for remote home security. Any fixes?
arloh
Initiate
Initiate

Same here...especially since the last update it is getting worse and worse...getting status takes between 20 secs and minutes. Really annoying!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Consider rebooting the base station. This can be done remotely by navigating to Settings > My Devices > select your base station > Restart.

Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

This has been an ongoing problem, at times (like these days) more so than others. It's likely a bug in the app (android, not sure iOS) rebooting base station and resetting cameras does nothing for it. Uninstalling and reinstalling app (android) will fix it momentarily, it comes back within a few times accessing app. Sometimes it's not so bad as it only hangs for 20-30 secs. but most recently it will go on forever. Really wish there was a fix for this.

Thanks.

lprosh
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras did a firmware update and now im getting this issue.  Not just on the app but via website too.  I keep resetting the base, restarting it, etc.  it'll work for alittle bit but just starts the cycle over again...WE NEED A FIX!!!!

arloh
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you JamesC! Since the recommended reboot of the base stations a few days ago the updates seem to be faster than before. Let's see for how long. So far I recommend rebooting your device if you see this problem:

Settings > My Devices > select your base station > Restart.

Regards

arloh

Goalieguy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine doing the same and it’s at a different location!! Tried everything , seemed to start two days ago when the app updated
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try reinstalling the app as well as logging out and back in? Also, try a browser.

Goalieguy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried all... very Frustrated because the cameras are at a property a 190 miles away!!!!
Cathyh
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, that fixed it.  Thank you!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

wrote:
Tried all... very Frustrated because the cameras are at a property a 190 miles away!!!!

Exactly what have you tried and what do you see? Any error messages?