Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One of our cameras says it's Offline and we're interstate.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Username666
Tutor
Tutor

We're away and not sure when we'll return home and one of our cameras is offline for some reason. This is a major problem if we can't do anything till we return.

Is there anyting we can do remotely to address this???

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First I'll assume you mean the regular Arlo cam and not Arlo Q ( since this is in the Q trouble area )

No, you can NOT remotely reset the camera.... with a maybe added.

Sometimes if you restart the base, the bad camera MAY come back on line. BUT, If your other cameras are currently working, it's a MAYBE but you going to take a chance of loosing them all.

There is a slight chance the base may not restart.   In my tests ,most of the time it works ; in that the working cameras come back fine.

If in nothing to lose scenario  ( all cams off line ) I'd say do it.

It's a choice you have to make, leave it alone and use what you have or  take a small chance of loosing all.

Three major reasons I've seen for cams going offline are 1) batteries dead 2) interference 3) power outages on base that last long enough the cam 'unsyncs'

In the above cases, only #2 may come back without direct phyiscal action

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Username666
Tutor
Tutor

Hi TM

Many thanks for this!

We have only 2 regular Arlo cams so far,  - both outside.

The one which has gone offline is really close to the base station (just outside a glass door from it), cams are only 1.5 months old and battery showed as full before it bumped off. Base station is on a belkin power board with battery backup

So with what you've said, think it's a bit of a risk whilst the other cam is OK to restart base station - half is better than none I guess.

BUT thankyou so much for your very helpful advice.

We will try this first as soon as we return home, and post result in case it proves useful to others.

Cheers Jos

Cat Very Happy

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It will be interesting if you get it to come back online with a reset thru the program ( which is btw a bit diff for unknown reason when restarting via the power button , maybe a cache in the base doesn't get flushed(?) )

Also if possible please post if you find another reason for the drop out

Morse is faster than texting!
Username666
Tutor
Tutor

Well, finally home after nearly 4 months in Sydney.

Could not solve problem remotely and now we're home looks like both cameras batteries are flat so still cannot get this one online.

Will quickly order some batteries and look into an Arlo Q.

Bit disappointed as we had no protection the whole time we were away.