Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One of 2 Camera won’t sync. Blinks amber after blue.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Nannysmers
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of 2 Camera won’t sync. Blinks amber after blue.

4 REPLIES 4
Nannysmers
Aspirant
Aspirant

So what does Kudos mean? Still won’t sync.

brh
Master
Master

@Nannysmers

The camera lights alternating between amber and blue, usually means that the camera is trying to update its firmware. If after 5 to 10 minutes and the camera does not sync or finish installing the firmware, contact Customer Support at the green banner near the bottom of this page. Arlo says not to remove the battery or power while in this state of alternating colors.

Kudos are a way of thanking someone who has successfully helped you out or posts something that you agree with 

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When syncing, be sure to only briefly press the sync base button - don't hold it. Also, try reinserting the battery to reset the camera. If still no good, try removing the battery and then use only the power supply to attempt the sync.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

IIRC, the camera LED will slowly blink blue for about 2.5 minutes. If by the end of that time there is no connection to a base, it will blink amber. Is this what you're seeing, Nannysmers?

I had that exact thing happen to one of my cameras. I struggled for ages trying to get it to sync. In the end, my solution was to move my base station a few feet further away from my wifi router. After doing that, the camera sync'd almost instantly