Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to add a device

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
corvette427
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like to add an extra Arlo Q and wireless battery operated camera. I follow the instructions exactly and I keep getting the message "unable to find Arlo Q" and to "factory reset my Arlo Q". How do you factory reset? I also have no luck adding the wirless battery camera...it goes through the entire process, but doesn't come up as one of the devices. I currently have only (1) Arlo Q camera operating.

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@corvette427

Do you have any non-alphanumeric characters in your network SSID or password. If so see this link:

https://kb.arlo.com/1052574/Can-special-characters-in-a-network-name-cause-problems-for-Arlo-Q

It apperars a firmware upgrade solved this issue, but the new Arlo Q may not have that new firmware.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

wrote:

I "factory reset my Arlo Q". How do you factory reset?

To reset the Q cams. hold in the RESET button for about ten secs until the led flashes amber..then sync as if new

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
corvette427
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reset the Arlo Q as he suggested and then synced it as if it were new. Still got the dreaded "buzzer" and no connection. I can eventually get the same message which says "unable to find Arlo Q" and to "factory reset your Arlo Q". I have double checked my wireless connections and passwords and everything seems to be good. My one Arlo Q camera works just fine, I just can't add an extra one for some reason.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have any non-alphanumeric characters in the SSID or passphrase? I know you said you checked them but if the new camera has old firmware, that could be the problem until the camera is connected and updated.