Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
snjrose
Follower
Follower

We bought the 2 camera system. One works perfectly and picks up people walking on the sidewalk and coming up to our front door. The other one only picks up cars. I've tried playing around with the percentage. I've taken it down to 45% so it will stop getting cars driving by, but it doesn't pick up any people walking by or in our yard. We've tried many different positions too. The view doesn't show the road at all, but cars driving by will still sometimes set it off. It will work fine if we go to the live feed, but the motion sensor refuses to pick up people ever. I don't understand why one works and the other doesn't.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It frquently depends on exact position and angle of the camera view.  For whatever reason, the camera seems to detect best at the top and bottom of the view with the person moving across the field of view rather than straight on or angling across.  That obviously means your choice(s) of location may be limited.

Some folks have installed the cameras on trees, etc. to get an appropriate position - is that something you could try?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It frquently depends on exact position and angle of the camera view.  For whatever reason, the camera seems to detect best at the top and bottom of the view with the person moving across the field of view rather than straight on or angling across.  That obviously means your choice(s) of location may be limited.

Some folks have installed the cameras on trees, etc. to get an appropriate position - is that something you could try?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap the two cameras to see if the problem follows (camera problem) or is it the location.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
GiveMeSomeHelp
Tutor
Tutor

What's the point of having the system if it doesn't bloody work! I bought a 3 camera system. I have had to return one camera as it didn't work at all. Now both the cameras I have left do not pick up humans. What am I to do???

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post screenshots of those cameras and tell us their settings.

Jmad
Initiate
Initiate
I have two area that the cameras will not pick up people walking. This is why I purchased the cameras to monitor our yard. I have reposition the cameras a few times. Do you have any other tips?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Max distance for people detection is about 20 feet when motion is across the FOV, much less when moving towards the camera.  Again, post a screenshot for suggestions.