Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Blackharley
Guide
Guide
Camera looks like moisture has gotten in side
7 REPLIES 7
David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

Blackharley wrote:
Camera looks like moisture has gotten in side

Hello Blackharley,

Is your camera function differently? What type of problems are you experiencing? 

Philby12
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, sorry to post to a old thread, but noticed you appeared to have had same problem two of mine have just had at weekend, condensatrion in Batteries compartment.and nwo Ifra-Red doesn't work on one and on 2nd one it is flickering on and off.

Did you work yours out or?

Did Netgear have to replace?

I have submitted a support request.

Thanks

Phil

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Philby12,

Please private message me with the case number you have open with the support team. I will review your case and offer any additional feedback that I can.

JamesC

Philby12
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James, thanks for reply.

I solved the moisture issue, just had to let camera's dry in a warm room for another 24 hours plus.

But now I have a problem with one of them, not locking it's batteries compartment lid.

And hence Infra-Red doesn't come on right as batteries are not fully contacting so we have a short of sorts.

I have advised Netgear Support about this, case no  27183668

I also sent them the pictures of cameras my brother and I cannot see why one lid is not locking, even with zoomed in pictures. 

One on left is one not locking fully.

Maybe you can.

Thanks Phil

Arlo cameras compare photo small.jpg   Arlo cameras lids one not locking small.jpg

ddowney1975
Aspirant
Aspirant

iam having a problem viewing my camera when its outside in the weather ... the picture seams to fog up .. this camera was just replaced two weeks ago because of pink color on the last camera ... Are the cameras not outside cameras ?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ddowney1975,

Arlo cameras are weather proof. If you are experiencing an issue with moisture getting inside the camera when you are sure the camera was properly closed, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

ddowney1975
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not contacted anyone yet about the problem ......I have decided to leave the camera out of the weather,....

This problem makes me unsure of buying more camers .....