Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One Camera Keeps Going Offline

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Malk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have a two camera Arlo system and one of the camera keeps going off line. I have reset the base station, resynced the camera, replaced the batteries and have the camera sat next to the base station. Basically after about 30 minutes it goes off line and the only way to bring it back is to reset the batteries again! Please help Netgear 😔

13 REPLIES 13
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Malk,

Are you sure that both cameras are not going offline at the same time?

Malk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Everyone, thanks for your replies.

This one is very strange!

So an update:

1: The battery connections are fine and work well

2: My other camera is always available and on line when selected

3: If I am to walk up to my faulty camera it wakes up, the blue light flashes fast and it establishes connection after about 30 seconds

4: it’s located 4 meter from the hub

5: I have got in tonight to the batteries very low, they were new premium batteries I put in yesterday so it has drained all day but not been on line

Any further suggestions are most welcome as at £20 a go on batteries it’s an expensive fault

Thanks

Malk
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you using the OEM batteries supplied by Arlo & does it appear offline on the APP or The Web?

Malk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi

Latest update:

1. I am using brand new OE recommended batteries, the same in all my cameras.

2. It goes off line on both then app and web, the other camera behave in the correct manner and can be viewed at anytime, where as this one will be online and then go offline after a few minutes.

Thanks

Malk
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try swapping the cameras between locations to see if the issue stays with the camera or the location.

Malk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have swapped the location and the issue stays with the camera! 😔
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may stll be able to swap at the store or open a case with support here.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Malk,

What firmware version is the camera you are having an issue with say? To see this select > Devices > Settings Wheel Of Desired Camera > Device Info . Firmware is listed at the bottom.

Malk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi

The camera firmware is:

Malk
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Malk,

I have provided the link for Arlo Technical Support so we can further escalate the issue. Arlo Tech Support

Malk
Aspirant
Aspirant

This has not been resolved, so I have resposted the question as I now have two faulty cvameras

Thanks

Kathleen119571
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please help I have one camera that wouldn’t sync with the base station so I replaced the camera and still having difficulty getting one camera to work. It is less than 300’ from the base station not sure what I can do to get the new second camera to work but I’m getting ready to trash the Arlo system and go with ring. I had no difficulty for about 4-5 months now all of a sudden I’m having difficulty. Can someone help please
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Doesn't matter what wireless system you go with - the "less than 300 feet" is a showstopper. The spec for up to 300 feet is in perfect conditions - no walls, interference, etc. From the experiences posted here <100 feet is a more likely distance and even under 30 feet in certain conditions.  How are you trying to use the system? Describe the conditions fully.