Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

would like to setup an identical system in a vacation home

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kirby06468
Aspirant
Aspirant

I currently have an ARLO system located in my home. I would like to setup an identical system in a vacation home.  I understand I will need another base station and cameras.  Once they’re setup and synced, will I need to get a new email address to connect?  How do I configure my phone to access the cameras in my vacation home as the app in my phone is currently dedicated to the arlo system in my home?

3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master

If your total number of cameras is less than 5 then all you need to do as add a second base using your existing account and sync the cameras for that location to that base. Once you do the initial setup it does not matter physically where the equipment is located.

If the total number of cameras is more than 5 then register the 2nd base using a different email address and grant access between the 2 systems or pay the subscription allowing for more cameras on one account.

Either way you will be accessing both system using the same app.

Kirby06468
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the guidance.  I only have four cameras so your first suggestion seems the one to be followed. Could you expand your answer and explain the procedure for adding the second base to my existing account? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you mean you will have 4 cameras total then no problem. Just use the Add Device button (web) or + (app) to claim the base normally. Then sync your cameras to it.