Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Some customers in Australia and New Zealand regions may be experiencing problems with live streaming and motion recordings not saved to library. We are working to resolve this issue, please see status.arlo.com for the latest information.

VCM3030 Camera cannot connect when more than 3 feet from hub

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Gemstone008
Tutor
Tutor
Hi all. New to Arlo and one of my two cameras is struggling to connect when looking at live view. System is around 4 months old. I’ve attempted to re-sync the affected camera, delete and re-add the camera, also reboot the hub to no avail. In my view this is a camera issue as my other camera is working fine. Can anyone please help? For info, batteries are fine at 77%. My internet has very good strength and there are no concerns from this perspective.
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it could be a bad camera, try swapping cameras around to see if the issue stays with the camera or the location.

Gemstone008
Tutor
Tutor
Hi Jguerdat. Thank you for the advice. The good working camera works fine when moving it to the failing camera position.. The problem camera has the following message on the mobile app for this camera: ‘Your Arlo device is offline, please connect to the internet’.
The WiFi symbol for this camera shows maximum bars for connectivity in the app. Based on this, I believe the camera is the problem.

Any further advice appreciated.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For faulty hardware you must open a case with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx