Obtaining lost footage

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
renra
Follower
Follower

Im trying to get footage from May 29th and after calling customer service, they hung up and called back. The caller said they could get my family 2 months worth of videos at the cost of $800 in prepaid cards. My entire family is thinking this is an obvious scam but the footage is incredibly important to us. Do any of you have a similar experience or any knowledge of how to recover this footage? Thanks very much

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@renra wrote:

The caller said they could get my family 2 months worth of videos at the cost of $800 in prepaid cards. My entire family is thinking this is an obvious scam but the footage is incredibly important to us. 

Your family is correct.  Likely you googled for a support number, instead of using the support center in the app.  That almost always leads to a scam support site.

Hopefully you did not give them access to your Arlo account (or credit card info, etc).

@renra wrote:

I'm trying to get footage from May 29th  ... the footage is incredibly important to us. 

Unfortunately, if you deleted the videos, then they are truly gone, and Arlo will not be able to get them back for you.  Similarly, if the retention limit has passed (resulting in automatic deletion), then they are also truly gone.

If you have local storage set up on a smarthub, then the recordings might be still on the USB stick or microSD card.  The app only shows the last 30 days, but connecting the storage to a PC will let you see all the recordings saved in the storage.