Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

Have set up a camera in remote viewing location about 10 miles away...it has motion detected and is flashing the red camera icon.. but....it's only the deer!

How do I turn off the flashing camera icon when clicking on the arrow in the center of the picture only gives me a "please wait" and not a live stream where I can access the pause button?

Do not want the deer to be the cause of my batteries running down.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JennC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Plzhelp,

try going to Settings first then click Modes, click the pencil icon for All motion on, then it will give you all the cameras you have, click the check mark. Save the settings then go back to camera view.

Reagrds,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JennC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Plzhelp,

See image below, I've encircled the button you need to click. When the camera icon is blinking, the button is square. You must have a square record button. This is actually a record button.

record.jpg

Hope this helps.

Regards,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team
Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

Livestream was not coming on when I pressed the arrow in the center of the picture...so I was not getting the buttons you show...only a "Please Wait"...and I waited and waited and waited...from 10 miles away !

JennC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Plzhelp,

try going to Settings first then click Modes, click the pencil icon for All motion on, then it will give you all the cameras you have, click the check mark. Save the settings then go back to camera view.

Reagrds,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team
Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

JennC...It worked!  Thanks!  The camera is back on-line and the little green running man lives again!

Point of clarification, please...when the camera icon is flashing, and you want it to stop...do you press the RECORD button (to toggle it off)?

When would I use the PAUSE button ?

JennC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Plzhelp,

I'm glad you have successfully turned it off.

The square button is to totally stop the recording, pressing the record button again will create a new recording while the pause button is you are just pausing it then when you press that pause button again, it will continue the recording right where you paused it.

Regards,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team
Chives
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem but your solution does not work for me it is also not recording but that red flashing camera is on

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Chives,

Kindly provide a screen-shot of what you are experiencing.

How long is the Length of Recording set when there is motion detected? 

Does this only occur after a recording is done?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
EricD
Initiate
Initiate
Hi, I am having the same problem - red flashing camera icon, but with no controls at the bottom of the frame. There is a "play" icon on the screen, but it does not play, or clear the flashing camera. I am not able to restart the base station because the camera is busy. None of the above steps have helped. Help!

Thanks,
Eric
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a different browser or app.  SOmetimes it's a display thing rather than real.  You can also try logging out and back in.  Otherwise, it sounds like a physical reset on the base and cameras may be in order.