Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
candersson
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I have Mode selected as Armed, two problems.  First, when cameras detect motion and record a video, I do not get iOS notifications from all cameras that have recorded video in the Library  (and Push Notifications are On).  I get notifications from 2 of the 4 that I have selected Push Notifications.   Second, in Armed mode, how do I turn off notifications for cameras that I don't want to get notifications from?  Some cameras allow me to deselect Push Notifications AND Email, but others will not allow that.  I want to use Armed mode rather than a custom mode because I can use an IFTTT button to turn Armed mode on and off (rather than having to open the app every time I want to arm the system).  Using v2.15(147) on the iphone.  

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @candersson

What version of the Arlo mobile app are you using? and what OS is your iphone running?

Q. "Second, in Armed mode, how do I turn off notifications for cameras that I don't want to get notifications from?  Some cameras allow me to deselect Push Notifications AND Email, but others will not allow that"

A. While under the Mode option > Select the pencil icon > Scroll down > unselect push notifications.

candersson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo version is  2.15(147).  iOS is v13.4.  Thanks!

candersson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, missed the second comment.  I did edit the Armed mode, scrolling down to "Notifications", but it will not allow me to Save with both Push Notifications and Email unchecked.  The "Save" button below is grayed out when I uncheck Push and uncheck Email notifications.  If I check either Push or Email, then the "Save" button turns green and allows me to save.  

Strangely, there are some cameras that are in the "Armed" mode list that allow me to uncheck both Push and Email and then Save that but a few other cameras will not allow that (i.e. forcing me to have either Push or Email or both notifications).

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I am not able to replicate the issue as described. Is the save issue occurring on the web & app?

You mention some of the cameras allow you to adjust the notifications and save, which cameras will not allow you to do this?