Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I would like to set up Arlo in my Mother’s Rest home. Is there major installation? Is it discreet?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Indigo27
Follower
Follower

Hello, I am new to this surveillance and home security, so please bare with me.  My Mother is in an assisted living facility, as of late there has been some concerning happenings occurring, items going missing, falls etc. I would like to install cameras but all the security companies available to me say that Arlo would be my best and probably only option. I love 5hrs away from my Mom, to top it off I am technologically challenged to put it mildly. Would Arlo be a good option for me? Is there major installation, is it discreet, is it cost economical, would I be able to function it? I would appreciate any advice and opinions anyone has to offer. Thank you in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
Arlo_CHN
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo's camera has motion detection, video push and other functions, which can meet your needs.

When there is motion, the camera will start recording. When the camera records, your email will receive a reminder of the camera recording, and some cameras can support the function of motion tracking.

If you pay to subscribe, you can enjoy more Arlo features.

You can focus on pro-2.

Looking forward to your choice!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is there major installation, is it discreet, is it cost economical, would I be able to function it?

make sure you have an idea of what you want to do with the cameras, are there privacy laws in the state where installed ?

Then,

First thing is you need internet access via ethernet.( or at least access to wifi with pw for the Q cameras)  If you don't have this you will have to look elsewhere.

It is overt, not discreet... cost is a can be low depending on the cameras

In all honesty, you may be looking for sort of "spy" camera setup with a build in record device ( large mem card ) dependin on how often you are there. ... search for clock radio cameras, etc

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You should of course check with the folks running the facility.  Someone else posted a similar request here some months back, and they had no problem getting permission.

Once that is taken care of - the Arlo Q is probably a good choice for your application.  It would needed to be connected to the facility's wifi though.