Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notifications but no Recordings

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
DanDD
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I am receiving notifications from Arlo but there are no recordings in the library - I have reboot the base station and I have removed and re downloaded the app and still no recordings are in the library. Last night I upgraded to a Premier Subscription to see if that resolved the issue, but still no recordings.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

26 REPLIES 26
Toastmanpete
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Dan

I am having exactly that issue with a brand new setup. Tried using pc to setup and also the app. Everything showing me it should work but no recordings or email notification. Push notification is working fine. I was also thinking upgrading may help but obviously thats not the answer.

It must be a firmware issue as all settings are spot on.

maslen5
Star
Star
Everybody is having this issue, been going for a few days now, im still going though it now, lodged a tech support, they tried to tell me its a upspeed problem, i had that check all ok, dont know where to go from here!
JCOLLACHI
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too am having issues with getting notifications but no recordings. Been this way for a week or better ... Removed camera batteries, resterted the base and re-synced the cameras. Still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Downbytheriver
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am too having this problem, has anyone found out what's up? My recordings have been down for a couple weeks and I've tried just about everything I can think of with no avail.
Downbytheriver
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You may need to reset the base using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh.
JCOLLACHI
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've done that several times Spoken with tech support. Everything and still the same. I can manually record and get it in my library but nothing automatically. Notifications all day long but nothing recording in the library.
JCOLLACHI
Aspirant
Aspirant
They told me it was a isp speed problem to. All is well there too. Manual recordings are no problem. Speed theory debunked. Ready to throw this in the trash. Contact Home Depot, BBB and attorney general office.
Toastmanpete
Tutor
Tutor

Mine is not working perfectly

All i did was run the motion test, light comes on camera no problem, then i saved settings and left them. a few hours later, all vidoe footage now appearing in the library.

May have been coincidence and a server issue that they fixed but either way i am all good.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have not been able to replicate any issues with recordings arriving in the library after motion is detected.

Are you still experiencing this behavior? If so, consider a base station reboot (using the on-off button) and try again.

Please let me know if you are still having trouble,

JamesC

maslen5
Star
Star
Reboot of the base was the first i did
JCOLLACHI
Aspirant
Aspirant
Down by the river. Did you ever get yours working?
Downbytheriver
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, I reset my base station and I'm still having issues. 😞 getting frustrated.
HeavyDMack
Aspirant
Aspirant
Was going crazy myself so I called support. They told me I just had to update my firmware - cameras need to be 1.2.7730 and base unit 1.8.1_9169. Firmware updates only if you have a good data connection. My system is at a second home with crappy data connection. Took it home and it updated itself in 5 minutes. You may have to sync your cameras up when they are next to the base station. Sounds goofy but Support gave me that direction too. I hope this helps.
Downbytheriver
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sounds like it could just work! I'll try it tomorrow! I too have crappy internet but my other cameras (different location/better internet) work great! Thanks for the tip, I'll let you know if it works.
Shapur
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Like all the previous posts concerning the above, I would like an answer to this problem. I hve been following the posts on community in the hope a solution would appear.

It has been going on since early November, until this time worked perfectly. I have unistalled, re-installed a number of times, on two types of Tablets, different PC's using various shades of Linux, Widows 8.1 and Windows 10. The best I can do is a manuel snapshot, it is very frustrating considering the equipment is less than two years old.

I currently cannot not advise anyone to buy this product as it has become untrustworthy, I'm currently seeking out another viable alternative.

-David

HeavyDMack
Aspirant
Aspirant
David - make sure you have the most recent firmware. I experienced the very same scenario, including the timeframe when it began not functioning. My data connection at the location was not fast enough (DSL) to upgrade the firmware for the base unit and cameras. Once I upgraded the firmware everything went back to normal. Base unit = 1.8.1_9169 and camera = 1.2.9901.

Let me know how things worked out.
Downbytheriver
Aspirant
Aspirant
It worked, when I took it to a better internet, it downloaded and worked perfect. Unfortunately I need to go update it again already.
Shapur
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI  HeavyDMack,

Internet connection is fast enough and batteries full, went through the update procedure no luck. Firmware for the camera is 1.1.1733 and base station 1.2.1728. I notice this is differnt to the one you quote. Is it possiblr to manually update?

-David

HeavyDMack
Aspirant
Aspirant
Go to a computer on the same network as Arlo and visit www.speedtest.com and run the speed test. You should have at least 6 upload and 10 download. Anything less is likely to slow to update. If too slow I suggest you update at a different location. Be sure to bring camera's with you and plane next to base unit for updating. Also, Place the base unit next to the main wireless router in you home (wireless cable modem). The wifi signal to the Arlo base unit might be the culprit. Other than this, "I got nothin'"... really hoping this works for you.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I have the pitiful Time Warner cable speeds of 15Mbs down and 1Mbs up.  Updates are fine.

Shapur
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi HeavyDMack,

Tried all your suggestions, not  happy bunny. Still does not work,  So it now appears I will have dirch Arlo and waste some more money buying a different system. At the same time I certainly hope Netgear view these post, because I certainly will not be advising anyone to buy their equipment and I shall be placing a complaint to my supplier concering this product.

This problem is recent, so I believe the problem is at Nergears' end and they have done nothing too correct it.

At the sametime thank you for your help.

-Shapur

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm currently having fisticuffs with support at the moment with an issue that seems somewhat similar since the claim is that it's the speed of the network.  In my case, it's cell service rather than WiFi but slow speed is the claim to be the issue.  My tests have shown that my LTE connection is as good as or better (especially in upload speed) than my cable connection.  I have no resolution but it could be related somehow.

HeavyDMack
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ugh - my only suggestion is to relocate the hub to a higher speed connection - that's my last suggestion...