Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
carly
Star
Star

I have push notifications enabled on my iphone but I do not receive them.

What am I missing?

78 REPLIES 78
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Likely the issue is the All Motion On mode. That carried over from the old firmware when there was a major update at the beginning of the year. Many folks have had issues with those carried-over modes. It's best to create new ones with the exact same settings and get rid of the old modes.

fluxsta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for that suggestion. Have now deleted that mode and created new ones but still no email alerts to either of the two mail addresses I have added? Arlo have contacted me asking if I confirmed my email address which I have done

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Enable push notifications, too, to see if they work.  Are you actually getting videos in the library?  If not, are the runing men in the Cameras tab black or gray?  If gray, nothing will be recorded and no notifications sent.  Check your active mode and/or schedule.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

fluxsta,

Are the two e-mail address from the same domain? For example, were they both @gmail or @hotmail. If so, try an e-mail address that uses a different domain. It could be an issue with the domain blocking e-mails from Arlo, in which case you would need to contact them and have Arlo e-mails whitelisted.

JamesC

fluxsta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. I have a gmail and a hotmail. the hotmail is the confirmed one and the gmail has never asked for confirmation, yet i receive notifications that one? weird. Also my wifes email that is gmail and been removed STILL receives notifications? Anyway, long story short, i contacted support and they rebooted my account and both my hotmail and gmail now receive notifications. What concerns me re: security is that my wife's account still receives alerts despite removing her from all privileges. And also, the fact that i never had to confirm my gmail account? Anyway, glad to have recitifed it and support got back to me within 36hours so can't complain. Seems like it was a problem Netgear's end

thanks 

NEEDHELP222
Fledgling
Fledgling

All of these are older responses.  I just got a new system and all notifications worked the day the Geek Squad installed this.  Next day I got none.  I have spent many hours  now with phone and chat.  Still no luck.  Out of 98 library clips I got all emailed notifications and 3 alerts.  When chat logged in as me they were getting the alerts.

Unintalled and reinstalled the app.  Tried Comcast, they said the hardward is functioning properly, obviously because Netgear is getting alerts in test and I am getting some.

All notifications are set in phone, both email and in Arlo app settings within iphone.

Notifications in mail for this account set to on.

Iphone is updated to latest 9.3.2.

Router off and on.

Batteries in cameras out and back in.

Push notifications and email both checked within Armed default mode.

Anothe problem - getting motion detection in closed, locked up garage with no one inside, no windows.

Lag time is about 10-15 seconds so I can come outside walk into the yard and go back in and it only catches me going inside.

I will deal with all that but MUST get push alerts to my phone.

Mfrench
Aspirant
Aspirant
My push notifications worked when I first got my cameras several months back. But now -- nothing. I have checked in the app and on my phone and everything is checked for push notifications. Why is his not working??? I am getting emails.
1honeybun1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had my arlo for four days now. Everything worked fine until today. My push notifications are not working anymore. I need help. I see some customers used a computer to turn their notifications backon. I dont have a computer at the moment because my house was broken into and my computer was one of several items stolen from my home. That is why I purchased the arlo system and this is also why I need my push notifications to work properly. PLEASE, PLEASE HELP! Nothing is working...
MoonWolf
Initiate
Initiate

My push notifications on the iOS app (iphone 6s, iOS 9.3.2) had stopped working at some point (probably after an app update). I read through this entire string and was able to restore notifications by simply going into my schedule mode and changing from "Alll Motion On" to "Armed." 

Dominik08
Initiate
Initiate

Hi;

I've been trying to fix this issue since 1 month, I get a bunch of email notification but nothing on my cell. I tried reinstalling the app, reset the base station, I tried multiple modes.  The notification is on on my iphone.  Do don't know what else to try?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried a browser?

Edit: Maybe I misunderstood your issue. Is it that you don't get push notifications or something else?

User13
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had the same issue. This worked for me today (switching from all motion to armed). Thanks!
Macaco
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine stoped working today Avery thing seems fine on the app enable push notifications are both checked and in green in the Notification Center on my iPhone and on the cameras
Am I missing something?
guidodg
Apprentice
Apprentice

notifications on my iPhone also do not work anymore....they did yesterday....I have no idea what to do after trying absolutely everything.....

Cr33pnD3th
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine stopped reporting as well. it seemed to happen when I turned off the email response but left the push notes on.

prasm005
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not receiving any notifications since yesterday, the day I upgraded to iOS 10.2. Is this the issue?

Please advise.

guidodg
Apprentice
Apprentice

no since I have not upgraded to 10.2 and I have the same issue...

guidodg
Apprentice
Apprentice

just a question....when push notifications are active on the iPhone and the Arlo app is open on the Devices page with the system Armed...are the little men next to the wi-fi strength signal supposed to be green?

Mine are always black.

They turn orange when motion is detected, then they grey out I assume while the app is transmitting the video to the cloud....but I do not receive any push notifications.

ravenlp
Star
Star

Mine are also black, I assume that is the default state. If motion detection is not enabled I think they don't show?

As far as the push notifications issue, there seems to be a server side problem going on that (at least in my case) is impacting push notifications and sometimes motion detection. I've chatted with Netgear support and they said that engineering is aware of the problem and working on a fix, no ETA given.

Turbo485
Initiate
Initiate
My system has stopped sending push notifications to my iPhone and ipad. Have tried resetting and making sure notifications is turned on as well. Still not receiving notifications. Is this a problem on your end that you are currently trying to resolve?
Cr33pnD3th
Aspirant
Aspirant

I beleive it's the 10.2 IOS as well. Push notifications are down

guidodg
Apprentice
Apprentice

nope , it's not 10.2 since I have not yet updated and I have the same problem

ravenlp
Star
Star

Cr33pnD3th wrote:

I beleive it's the 10.2 IOS as well. Push notifications are down

FWIW I don't believe there to be any iOS related issues here. I've had no issues with other push notifications on my devices today.

Lawdg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. Neither my wife or I are recieving push notifications from arlo since yesterday. We are both running IOS 10.2 on our iphone 6. They had been working fine, Nothing has changed on my end.  Is there a solution for this?

ravenlp
Star
Star

Lawdg wrote:

I am having the same issue. Neither my wife or I are recieving push notifications from arlo since yesterday. We are both running IOS 10.2 on our iphone 6. They had been working fine, Nothing has changed on my end.  Is there a solution for this?

It's a server side issue for Netgear to resolve, sit tight and hopefully they will have a fix sooner rather than later. There is currently no ETA for a fix that I was able to find.