Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
carly
Star
Star

I have push notifications enabled on my iphone but I do not receive them.

What am I missing?

78 REPLIES 78
Mayeda
Tutor
Tutor

Go into modes and edit each one to make sure push notifications check box is checked.

For me, schedule does not show the option.  The mode that the schedule used was missing the check on the push notifications.  I think Armed/Disarmed already had push notification set.  So for me, it was the custom mode that was missing the checkmark.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For some reason, some modes transferred from the the old firmware seem to be problematic. It may be best to recreate them fresh to ensure things work the way nyou need.

LD_VAD3R
Initiate
Initiate
This worked perfectly! Just go back into your schedule and switch from motion detected to armed! 🙂
Jhswanbu
Aspirant
Aspirant

For whatever it is worth, I was having a similar issue with lost push notifications after the update.  Tried following the instructions described here to turn them back on but the App on my phone didn't have the option to enable push notifications.  After talking to tech support they had me log into my regular computer at which point I was able to update the settings. 

Mikmac67
Aspirant
Aspirant
After recent update, I no longer receive push notifications. Any help would be appteciated. I've tried logging on and off and the other suggestions above. I'm running this through iPhone 6 and an android. Neither is working.
Mayeda
Tutor
Tutor

Are you using a custom mode?  If so, you might try logging on from a computer and checking the push notifiacations box for the mode?

Although i did that and it began t work and the later stopped working again.

finaly I changed my mode to use "Armed" mode.  Hoping that works.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The usual problem is that the update turned off notifications that can be turned back onby editing your modes.  Notifications are now on a per camera basis rather than global so the individual camera rules have to be checked so notifications are enabled.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mayeda wrote:

Are you using a custom mode?  If so, you might try logging on from a computer and checking the push notifiacations box for the mode?

Although i did that and it began t work and the later stopped working again.

finaly I changed my mode to use "Armed" mode.  Hoping that works.

Just an FYI - the carried over modes from before the update seem to have various issues.  It may be worthwhile to create new modes suing the same settings as the old ones.  Test them out for proper operation and then delete the old modes.

dsanto
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried everything you say trying to get the push notifications back on .All 4 of my cameras are 20 feet  high on my house. I would have to pay someone to take them down and resync them with the base. I am very frustrated with this system.

Mayeda
Tutor
Tutor

Using my schedule mode which uses Armed mode has continued to work for me instead of using my schedule mode using a custom mode.  Armed mode by itself also works for me.

I didn't have to sync the cameras back to the base.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dsanto,

With the most recent update to the Arlo UI, the push notification feature was moved to be camera specific rather than system specific. Have you checked the rule for each camera to ensure that push notifications are enabled?

JamesC

k4lps
Aspirant
Aspirant

The arlo system is rubbish, push notification have been turned OFF by the technicians at ARLO , I went to the ARLO APP on my iphone and there is only a option to turn on email notifications, there is no option for push notification at all. When I go on to the ARL Web Panel, there is an option for push notifications, however when I put a tick in the box, it won't let me save it. I have tried this on firefox, IE and Chrome, it just won't save when I put a tick in the box for Push Notifications.

Tried to speak to your support in the Philipines, however it took them 5 minutes to spell my name and then told me I would have to hold for 24 hours on the phone before I could get through to the ARLO department, is this a complete joke ?

k4lps
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, got off the phone with ARLO support just now, apparently there is an issue with the APP and Web Software which Netgear is working on, however the problem I described above is the first time they have heard of this but they think it's a software issue. Hopefully they will resolve this, sometimes I don't understand why companies break something that works.

TexasTally
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can confirm. I had the same problems and tried everything. The solution: First, log in from a computer. Might work from a phone but I think computer is better. Delete all modes you have made then create them again. As soon as I did this both my phone and my wife's phone started getting the notifications again. No need to take down any cameras or uninstall or delete the base station.

Good luck!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been some observations from various folks that modes/rules carried over with the update have caaused problems.  Recreating new ones seems to be the ticket.

fluxsta
Aspirant
Aspirant

None of these options help with push notifications? I am still not getting any notifications at all???? I am the primary account holder and my wife is guest and she gets notifcations? All is set up and ticked, and also on arlo app......i have tried all suggestions and things listed in this thread and nothing? Anyone offer any help?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What have you tried?  Be explicit including device type and OS version.  The first thing to try is to reinstall the app.

Ces
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not getting iPhone notifications after replacing battery on camera
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ca you use Live View?  Are you getting recordings? Does the camera show as active (black running man)?

Steve2233
Tutor
Tutor

I have also stopped receiving push notificatiuons on my iphone and ipad, which for me are critical. I have read through this long thread and tried everything known to man to try and resolve this but it just will nto work. It was workign fine, no problems and then suddenly stopped working.

There is obviously a fundimental flaw or bug in the Arlo fiormware and / or software which I hope is being addressed (with some urgency) becuase without push notiifcations this system is useless for me

Are there any moderators in this forum who work for Arlo who can help / ecalate this issue - oir are we all to confrinue to flounder around deleting / resetting / reinstalling - on the slim hope it "might" accidentally start working again ?

As i suspect no one really give a hoot at Arlo - Is anyone aware of an alternative system simular to Arlo which works ? i need to start shopping for a new solution

thanks

Steve

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Steve2233,

I have not been able to replicate any issues with push notifications on iOS. Please make sure notifications are enabled for Arlo in your iOS settings. Also check the rules for each camera you would like to send push notifications to make sure they are enabled. If you're still experiencing issues, please consider a reboot of the iOS device, launch the app and test again.

Please let me know if you continue experiencing issues receiving push notifications.

JamesC

Steve2233
Tutor
Tutor

James

thanks, i have done all of this several times, restarted both ipad and iphone, deleted and re installed apps, powered everything off and on again. I have checked the push notification are enabled in ARLO settings.

Not sure where to find the "rules" for each camera in the app (As you describe) -  i have looked through all the settings in the APP for each camert and find no reference to any rules ?? Please let me know ho to navigate to these "rules" i cannto find them

Steve

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Steve2233,

To enable or disable push notifications in your rules. Log in to your Arlo account, navigate to Modes > click the pencil icon on the mode you use for motion detection > click edit next to the desired rule > make sure e-mail notifications are enabled.

JamesC

fluxsta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just noticed these responses. Thanks, have done as suggested as well as added a new email address. Same thing, no email or text notifications in iOS. Have done everything suggested to repeat. 

Steve2233
Tutor
Tutor

I managed to FINALLYfigure out how to make notifications working. 

I have a schedule set up for the cameras to only record at certain times, or I burn through batteries like butter

when setting up the scheduled "on' times I had the mode set to "all motion on" which to me seemed logical as I wanted motion to trigger the cameras, and it does, and events are recorded, but NO notifications sent

I changed this mode to "armed' - not sure what that really means or what the difference is to "all motion on" but this made notifications work

so to anyone with IOS make sure 

1. Notifications are set to ON in app settings [on Apple settings button]

2. Set mode to "armed'

this should make notifications work, it worked for me

steve