Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not able to connect to app via cell data

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Joeflores209
Follower
Follower
Hello I’m able to connect to the arlo app via WiFi connection and it works great. What I really want to know why I’m not able to connect to the app via cell data because I was able to before and live stream my cameras in real time. Since I downloaded the latest version of the app I have not been able to connect at all with my cell data when away from the house or even standing right next to the router and base station. A security system is mostly to be used while you are away from the house and I can’t even use it while I’m off WiFi when I’m at the house. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Inability to use cell service to connect to Arlo is a phone problem, not Arlo's. Make sure you have cell data enabled. Use a different device to check. Reboot the phone and reinstall the app.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Joeflores209 wrote:
Hello I’m able to connect to the arlo app via WiFi connection and it works great. What I really want to know why I’m not able to connect to the app via cell data because I was able to before and live stream my cameras in real time. 

Did you check the app settings?  For instance, with iOS if you go into the iOS settings and then select the app, you'll see a toggle for cellular data.  If that's enabled, it should connect.