Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help with setup

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Will190190
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello,

I’ve just bought a home and the previous owners left two Arlo cameras and a VMB3000 base station. How do I identify which cameras they are, they are outdoor cameras and wireless.

Also how to I get them set up? I downloaded the app and it couldn’t detect any devices.
4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Will190190 wrote:
Hello,

I’ve just bought a home and the previous owners left two Arlo cameras and a VMB3000 base station. How do I identify which cameras they are, they are outdoor cameras and wireless.

Also how to I get them set up? I downloaded the app and it couldn’t detect any devices.

The cameras and base are likely still connected to the previous owner's account.  Can you contact them, and ask if they've removed them?  Then you can set up your own account.  Then add the base, and after that the two cameras.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the base is a 3000, then the cameras are prob the Arlo HD cams that use 4 123 type cells in them.

this may help

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/Documents/Arlo_Wirefree/arlo_wirefree_um.pdf

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Will190190
Aspirant
Aspirant
Previous owner did say they took 123 cell batteries. I’ve put some on order, will be here in a few days, hoping they are just dead and not still linked to their account. The base station never connected to either camera (if the lights on the bottom are working). When I replace the batteries all I need to do is scan with the app to link them to my account?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Will190190 wrote:
Previous owner did say they took 123 cell batteries. I’ve put some on order, will be here in a few days, hoping they are just dead and not still linked to their account. The base station never connected to either camera (if the lights on the bottom are working). When I replace the batteries all I need to do is scan with the app to link them to my account?

You can try adding the base to your account now.  If they didn't remove it from their account, they will need to do that before you can add it.