Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No video recorded - December 2016

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Parkyerbike
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I have just purchased a 2 camera Arlo system. Notification's via motion detection is working fine, however it doesn't record any video, unless I do this manually, which seems a bit pointless.

I have checked the App, that recording should take place, and it should

The firmware version of the base station is 1.4.2695, and it's telling me there isn't a firmware update available.

The firmware of the camera's are 1.2.2688 and again, it's saying no firmware upgrade available

I also don't seem to have the "Armed" mode from within the app, which I have seen some people talking about on the forum, I am using version 2.3.0 on an IOS device and using the "All motion on" mode

Any help appreciated, before I send these back!

Regards

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JohnnyFRX
Luminary
Luminary

Goofy Question here but...have you restarted the base station since you first turned it on? I have seen a few instances where a firmware update occurred upon base station restart and the ARMED option appeared. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JohnnyFRX
Luminary
Luminary

Goofy Question here but...have you restarted the base station since you first turned it on? I have seen a few instances where a firmware update occurred upon base station restart and the ARMED option appeared. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Dave

The base firmware needs up dating...it should be 1.8.xxxxx  ( your version is older from standing stock on store shelf )

you have an older base sw as the "all motion on" is the older term from early  jan 2106 .

The new sw would have given you the ARMED mode for all on.

( btw, once updated, deleted the all motion on all motion off modes once you have Armed, Disarmed )

Do a full reset of the base ( hold in the reset for about 10 sec till the front leds flash amber ) , let the base caome back on and resync the cameras

After a reset , you should see an option for update or it will do it automatically over night.

If a problem , let us know.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Parkyerbike
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, a restart of the base seemed to sort it out, weird though as the base had been restarted.

Anyway, thanks for your replies, the firmware on the base is now 1.8.1.1_10234 and the camera's are now 1.2.10342

Cheers guys

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's automatic updates that occur overnight, too.  Maybe you just needed to wait.