Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

":connection failed" error on PC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Deacon3131
Follower
Follower

I am able to access current images from my cell phone but each time I tap "Live" on either camera from my PC, I get ":connection failed". Any explanation/solution for this?

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a different browser. The continuous updating of them sometimes causes issues.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Deacon3131,

As mentioned above, do you get the same results when using a different browser (IE, Chrome, FireFox)?

Be sure flash is installed and up to date along with your browser version.

JamesC

babyem
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem and cant find to solve the problem. Have tried with several browsers without success. I have no bitdefender or firewall on,

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Please use at least the default firewall except for testing purposes.

Have you tried the app?  What computer OS are you using?  Have you rebooted the computer?  Is everything up-to-date, OS and browsers?  What anti-virus software? Try opening a command window (cmd.exe on Windows) and type:

nslookup arlo.netgear.com

Do you get a response that indicates arlo.netgear.com is known or not?

babyem
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've tried with firewall on, still not working.

Chrome and flash up to date.

I have no anti-virus software.

Tried it on terminal, responded

Non-authoritative answer:

arlo.netgear.com canonical name = arlo.vz.netgear.com.

arlo.vz.netgear.com canonical name = ArloProdLB-1815857678.eu-west-1.elb.amazonaws.com.

Name: ArloProdLB-1815857678.eu-west-1.elb.amazonaws.com

Address: 52.48.163.70

Name: ArloProdLB-1815857678.eu-west-1.elb.amazonaws.com

Address: 52.30.23.162

Em-macbookpros-MacBook-Pro:~ em-macbookpro$

Em-macbookpros-MacBook-Pro:~ em-macbookpro$

I also tried with an other computer and wifi but still says : connection failed

I has been working without problems before, suddently it becames like this.

Using app on iphone works without problems.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does it work using the app when on WiFi as well as cell service?  In any event, I'd try power cycling your router.  Might be worth the time to power off the modem, router and base and then turn them back on in that order, waiting for each to initialize (usually within about 2 minutes) and see if that helps.

babyem
Aspirant
Aspirant

It works using the wifi and cell service on iphone. Tried to power off but no difference...

Suddently works for 1 day without reason and then the next day the problem came again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't say for sure.  Since it works on the phone it would seem to narrow the issue down to the computer(s).  Maybe contacting support would give you some answers.  If so, please post the resolution here for others.

JohnnyFRX
Luminary
Luminary

Have you tried using a Windows PC? It sounds like you are in a 'Mac-Centric' environment. On my home Windows PC, Chrome chokes trying to view live, but Microsoft Edge works just dandy. Go Figure!