Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tellmaker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I don't get any internet connection to the Arlo server - No light in the internet , only amber coloured for 5 seconds and then off when turning power off on.   The Arlo base have green light at the power and camera. I have removed the base from my app. But now the app cannot find the base. I tried to reset the base to factory settings ( but no flashing lights at the power light), but all still the same. Have disconnected both end of the internet cable to my router, disconnected the power supply to the router. Waited 10 minutes and reconnect it all again. But still no power in internet/server connection.?

What do I do?? I go crazy......

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not clear to me that you actually reset the base - did you hold the button for >10 seconds until all LEDs start flashing amber?

Did you try a different cable and a different router port? The lack of any color LED for the Internet LED means it isn't connected to the router which you can verify by looking at the attached devices in the router's setup web page. Try rebooting the router - there have been cases where that fixes the issue.

tellmaker
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi thanks for your reply. Yes I have swapped the internet cable with another device. But still the same. When I press and hold the reset button nothing happens, I even tried to press it for 1 minut. No flashing light only amber colour and now no green light in the power on led light. I tried to search for the base in the app but it cannot find the base. I have removed the base from the app before my attempt to reset the base... Pretty frustrating...
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sometimes making sure that you're actually pressing the reset button is an issue (at least one person some time ago found that the button was well off-center from the hole). You should physically feel a click and maybe hear it to be sure.

If you've done all that, it would appear to be a hardware problem. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

tellmaker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Understand that port 80 and 443 should be open. But I did that and still no connection to the Arlo server. Wonder what happened since my arlo base suddenly stopped working.....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unless you've made some sort of security setting that can block devices from access, opening the ports isn't necessary. Do you use MAC filtering which can disallow a device from connecting? The lack of any color LED for the Internet indicates no connection to the router. Reboot the router and base, in that order, to see if that makes a difference. If not and if there are no router settings that could be causing the issue, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.