Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
YoungJo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 1 Arlo with R7000.

All firmwares are the latest one and i am using andorid, IOS both.

Motion detection is working perfectly.

I always get an email from arlo notification.

But when I open Arlo App and web, there are alarms but no recording in library.

Actually I can see recordings via E-mail notification links. However there are no recordings in library on web and apps.

Please let me know how to fix it.

Is it my system problem? or your system problem?

16 REPLIES 16
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Probably an Arlo server problem. Do the videos eventually show up or are they missing for days?

YoungJo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I only can see pop up notification on library tab, then I select library tab. There are no recordings. However I can see motion detect recordings via email notification links.
Ex) If i got 3 motion detect notifications, ios app and android app show me '3' on library tab. However there are no recordings. And I receive 3 notification emails, I can see motion detect recordings via email links.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

YoungJo,

When viewing the library do you have a filter enabled?

JamesC

Pmgjm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem!!! Motion notifications but no image. Tested with live feed and take a snap picture but no image!
Pmgjm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Haven't changed anything as far as touching the filter ?! Since I got this system
Pmgjm
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm barely getting recent images from motion and snap shot from live feed when I was testing it. Images are coming in delayed from 30 mins to 1 hour and a half. How do we fix this? I have an existing case already and this is one of the problems. Case #26409516
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As you may have noticed, we are experiencing issues with our cloud servers which may be slowing down reception of alerts and video recordings. Our engineers are working on the situation with urgency and things should be back to normal shortly. In the meantime, we apologize for any downtime you’re experiencing and want to let you know that we are working non-stop to address the issue.

Update:

A fix for this issue has been released and has significantly improved Arlo performance. However, a side effect you may currently experience is the alert counter on the camera screen disabled and set to 0. Resolving this counter issue and further optimizing Arlo performance is our number one priority at this time and Arlo engineers are working non-stop to resolve this. 

Please refer any additional comments on this issue to the following thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Motion-Detection/Email-Alerts-Video-Recordings-Not-Getting-or-Getti...

Thank you,

JamesC

npk200189
Aspirant
Aspirant
A same issue I found. I am using the Android in parallel. I have no issue finding recorded vdo on android but same time cannot find it on IOS. I think Arlo have to be quickly to rectify this issue. Thanks.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

npk200189,

Could you provide more detail about the issue you are describing? Are you saying you can view content in your library using the Android app but that same content is not visible when using the iOS app?

Check to make sure no filters are set when you are viewing the library. All content should appear in the library regardless of the client you are viewing from.

JamesC

npk200189
Aspirant
Aspirant
James, I hv done all of what u asked. Why not u simulate with your iPhone? Or u check the user's posting. Or why don't you do check my case with I hv raised to your supporter... I am sure many of the users on iOS are asking a same question. Weired of it.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

npk200189,

Please private message me the case number you have open with the support team and I will take a look. I will provide any additional feedback that I can.

Thank you,

JamesC

YoungJo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got the reason why there are no recordings in library.
Manual recordings normally exist in library with current date and time.
However motion detect recordings are not showed in library. Because when I checked email notifications, recordings date were 1 Jan 2015. What is the problem? I think It is Arlo netgear cloud server problem. That is why I can see recordings via cloud server link, cannot see in library.

Please fix the recording time and date issue.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

YoungJo,

Motion detection recordings are stored in the library along with manual recordings.

Have you tried viewing your library from a different device to further isolate the issue?

JamesC

ZhongZh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. I have a new set up. Motion detection is working and I can receive mobile push notifications, but no recording in the library. Manual recording through mobile live view works fine.
Prairiechick
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ZhongZh,

What firmware is your base station/cameras on (Settings > My Devices > select base/camera > Device Info)?

Outdated firmware could be the reason you are having issues. Please be sure that the latest firmware is installed and try again.

JamesC