Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Cortopassi
Tutor
Tutor

(To preface this, Firefox live view works)

Chrome updated to Version 60.0.3112.78 (Official Build) (64-bit), verified content settings to allow flash and specifically allowed arlo site.  Update flash (if that is even necesary since seems integrated in Chrome)

No matter what I do I get Chrome telling me the plugin was blocked:

blocked.jpg

Even if I click on Run All... The flash player remains blocked.

The lock icon setting show that flash is allowed:

allow.jpg

Any ideas?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

I too suddenly had this problem in Chrome. If you look at the top where you enter the URL then across to the right is there a symbol indicating that certain plugins are blocked?

See this article http://www.online-tech-tips.com/google-softwaretips/enable-flash-chrome-specific-websites/

chrome:plugins no longer works in the latest releases but I changed setting in Chrome:flags and got things working again.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Streak2
Master Master
Master

I too suddenly had this problem in Chrome. If you look at the top where you enter the URL then across to the right is there a symbol indicating that certain plugins are blocked?

See this article http://www.online-tech-tips.com/google-softwaretips/enable-flash-chrome-specific-websites/

chrome:plugins no longer works in the latest releases but I changed setting in Chrome:flags and got things working again.

Cortopassi
Tutor
Tutor

Yes! The chrome:flags on this one:

chrome___flags_2017-07-27_19-39-03.jpg

Changing to enabled vs. default fixed it!

Cyberjive
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also having this issue.   

I allowed it in my setting and made sure I was running the latest version. 

Thanks in advance! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Turns out I wasn't running the latest Chrome.  Updated and ran into this immediately.  Thanks!

BillyBobOhio
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also experienced this sudden issue starting early this morning (7.28.2017).  My chrome already had all the properties correctly set as detailed in the online-tech-tips link. However, 'was able to get each Live feed working (only one at a time) by first refreshing the Live feed page...clicking one of the "Live" buttons...waiting about 2 to 3 seconds then clicking the plugin-blocked icon in the upper right corner and clicking "Run all plugins".   This only works one time per refresh.  Also...if you click the "Run all plugins" too soon after clicking the "Live" button, it fails...and if you wait too long it fails as well. I suspect the amount of delay depends on machine speed...my laptop is pushing 6 years.  'Submitted a support request this morning...but only hearing crickets.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
CaliMoroDude
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been having this exact issue the past 2 weeks!

Do: 

chrome://flags/#run-all-flash-in-allow-mode

image.png

That solved it for me.

BBB-FAB
Guide
Guide

Ive had this same problem for weeks also and your suggestion is the only one that worked.   

Thanks for posting that, fixed me up.

AncientFlower
Apprentice
Apprentice

I still have a problem and don't get any 'Live' Videos. I have tried all of the posted tips and steps, but can't get any of them to fix them 'problem'

I have to go back to Yorkshire in 34 hours and will not be able to physically access the Cameras from there...

I can get the videos on 'history' OK, but NOT on 'Live'.

I can also get 'live' Videos on my iphone, but NOT 'Online'.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Take a look at the first post here.

Do you get a similar error message about flash plugins being blocked?

AncientFlower
Apprentice
Apprentice

Streak2 wrote:

Take a look at the first post here.

Do you get a similar error message about flash plugins being blocked?

No, I got a banner at the top of my Computer saying that a newer version of Flash was available, so I downloaded and installed it, ( making sure to untick the 'extras' first.)

I can access Videos and play them for 'History', but NOT in 'Live', so I cannot 'Stream' Live Video.

Please help if you can, I have to drive to Yorkshire tomorrow...

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Go to the 3 vertical dots, click help - about to make sure you are on the latest version of Chrome.

Then go to crome:flags and enable both flash options.

If none of that works then just use  different browser for now.

AncientFlower
Apprentice
Apprentice

Streak2 wrote:

Go to the 3 vertical dots, click help - about to make sure you are on the latest version of Chrome.

Then go to crome:flags and enable both flash options.

If none of that works then just use  different browser for now.

Using a difeerent Browser is the only thing that works, thanks. I did try this before I updated and rebooted everything, so didn't think it worked, but just treid again and yes it works with Firefox.

Ford99
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is the one that did it for me too! ....thank you very much for figuring it out, I thought I was going to have to use  Microsoft Edge to use security cameras that use flash for viewing, wow!

Cheers!

Andrew