No good motion sensoring

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
vally1978
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know this has been covered countless times and I have spent the last 2 hrs trying to fix my issue reading through older threads. I have no motion when people are coming up my stairs or on side walk but motion can be detected if i am leaving the house. Actually detection turned on once I made it upstairs to front door. The camera is placed above door outside. I moved it to his new location after the previous location was recording every car and shadow that moved. This is turning into a frustrating system to deal with..def having regrets buying it. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

can you post a snap shot ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
vally1978
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeas, here is the view
IMG_2443.JPG
vally1978
Aspirant
Aspirant

And here is video

of what it catches...nothing good. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You may not like the answer, but the camera prob should be moved...

First is that the cameras respond better to cross motion as opposed to straight on. Second there ( with the Arlo cams ) a slight delay between the trigger event and the actual record starting.

Here's an example...i had mine at the door and had the same issue, had to move it out away to face inward for good results

cam5.JPG

Now the delay to record isn't as important as walking in the fed ex guy sets it off, good vid at door and face when leaving. Recording started2 ft into the field of view.

Also, the PIR detects people to a max of 20ft, so limit you cam coverage to a like area ( without streets as you found out as cars reflect a lot of IR and thats how the camera see motion )

As a final, there is also a sense level adjustment... if you can not move the camera , at least try and increase the level 1-2 percent at a time till you start getting a good response ( without a lot of fake triggers )

Morse is faster than texting!