Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 33 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
swordfish7
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, 

I noticed that since December 22nd that my local recordings have disappeared and the cameras that are using local storage are no longer recording / saving to the local storage.  Cameras that were recording to the cloud were recording as of 6:45am EST December 23rd but are no longer showing up either.  A similar issue was experienced earlier this month (which was resolved, but seems to have crept back in).   I also noticed that I don't have the option to restart my Base Station anymore from the app.

Is anyone else experiencing this? 

Running iOS 16.1 on iPhone XR, have Essential Doorbell as well as five other cameras.

33 REPLIES 33
DallasWizard
Guide
Guide

I purchased 3 ARLO Cameras with the base Hub VMB4540 and have tried every port on my AT&T fiber router BGW320. I have a simple USB 3.1 32GB Memory stick plugged in the back. I have tried every port on the router and everything looks OK on the app on my iPhone but I have yet to record anything with this base hub. 

I have tried refreshing and everything possible in the app to try to record to the memory stick and nothing.

It recorded just fine with the free cloud initial subscription & I purposely bought the Arlo with the base Hub to record locally but it’s never recorded a single thing. 

Green lights are on, storage status is READY, local storage status is GOOD, port forwarding ENABLED the STATUS is the only thing with the red exclamation mark &

getting STATUS just twirls around until it stops & NOTHING HELP

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DallasWizard wrote:

I have a simple USB 3.1 32GB Memory stick plugged in the back.

Have you tested the USB stick (making sure you can read/write files to it from your PC)? 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Did you update to the new app experience recently? Could be the reason you’re not able to access the base station with the new app.

swordfish7
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah, I was speaking with Support and they asked that I remove and reinstall the app.  Same thing even after the new app. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue?

swordfish7
Tutor
Tutor

yes I am. It was resolved for a few days but then came back.  Right now, having the same issue. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have any error messages? 

swordfish7
Tutor
Tutor

No error message to report.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask all the troubleshooting steps you have performed other than the Arlo app re-install?

swordfish7
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried rebooting the Base Station along with removing and re-adding the cameras.  I have also formatted the USB drive as well as disconnecting and reconnecting the Ethernet cable.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the additional info. I have notified the team and I will report back as soon as I have more info to share. 

Jayfkuul
Guide
Guide

4 months later ASAP eh? This is exactly what I'm talking about, they all know this is by design and refuse to admit anything. The minute they disable the free feature on the Arlo Pro 2, its all going in the trash.

TexasG
Guide
Guide

I am not sure why this thread was marked solved and closed but this is NOT SOLVED.  I have two Ultra 2 cameras and a wired doorbell that hasn't recorded video to local storage since December 5th.  I have performed all of the recommended actions multiple times with the same results.  Support upgraded my app and its worse now that it was before.  I am unable to view the previous videos that were on local storage.  I can view live video and get motion alerts but nothing is recording.  I have an open support case that hasn't been updated in a week.  The last update was "we know its broken and we are working on it but nothing new to report."  Please do not close threads until these issues are fixed.

AsabeLtd
Guide
Guide

This is my second set of Arlo Ultra 2 cameras (4)...The first set lasted about 8 months and the cameras lost their connection capabilities, had warranty with Costco and exchanged the entire system including the base.

Second system worked well until trial service was over on Dec 5-2022, Arlo BLOCKED my library with a window that can not be removed from the library...It says: "Cloud storage keeps all your clips secure"...

This intrusive window seems to be there to FORCE you to  BUY A PROGRAM...In my case my option was over 19 dollars per camera for ARLO SECURE and this is just not going to happen...A less than $10.00 a month plan so cameras record and I can review video clips from the library is OK and reasonable, but I will never ever get into any AUTO charge plan as I will not disclose my card info to a company that in my experience has NO CUSTOMER SERVICE, I will not be trapped in an auto charge plan that I can not control or cancel at will...A monthly email bill to be paid in advance is what should be offered and I would stay in that program forever.  

My Station has an activated and ready 500 GB Micro card and the configuration is set for recording upon movement detection but it doesn't happen, this is useless if I can not review what is in there with the library option of there are no clips recorder shown as recorded internally...

I wonder if ARLO is in a campaign to FORCE its customers to get a plan? 

DallasWizard
Guide
Guide

Since purchasing the 3 Arlo Pro 3 camera pack with the Arlo base VMB4540 the record phase has never worked. I am using USB 3.1    128 GB memory stick in the back of the base station (hub). It works just fine while tested  on my laptop.

I have tried the reset button and the sync button the back of the Arlo base, no results. On the Arlo app on my iPhone 11. While viewing STORAGE SETTINGS on my iPhone:
Record Locally is ON; Storage Status is READY; best local recording and overwrite automatically is ON

Direct Storage Access is ON; Port Forwarding  is ENABLED.

Router is for AT&T fiber optics WiFi. Arris - Sonic Model #BGW320-505 

There has never been a single caption recorded. All 3 cameras show 0 recordings. I have clicked RESTART on the APP. All attempts just forward me to ARLO to PAY for a subscription service.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you getting notifications when motion is detected?

DallasWizard
Guide
Guide

Yes. I can turn notifications on and off on my iPhone. Most of the time I will keep notifications off because I get them every time someone walks by my front door and I live in an apartment complex.

BryceWayne
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have this problem. A firmware update supposedly solved it however I still cannot access any local recording on my Arlo Ultra and I’ve double checked the firmware is up to date 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

One possible (brute force) solution is to remove the hub from your account and start fresh. Others have said this has worked for them.

TexasG
Guide
Guide

I have factory reset and removed everything including the base and all cameras and doorbell.  It did not resolve the issue.

Arlo sent me an email yesterday titled "CASE UPDATE".  The update was that they had no update.  My system has now been broken for 1 month.

Jayfkuul
Guide
Guide

and there it is.. how is that for nailing it. Welp, looks like everything is going up for sale on ebay.  I hope Arlo crashes and burns now and cannot wait for the class action lawsuit.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Just to confirm, you do not see any recording when plugging the drive in to a pc as well? 

swordfish7
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

thanks for your message.  I just checked and yes, the recordings are indeed being stored on the USB drive and can be viewed on a pc.  They are not showing up on the app.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@swordfish7

Thanks for that info, I will provide more updates soon.