Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No Recordings Locally

Discussion stats
  • 33 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
swordfish7
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, 

I noticed that since December 22nd that my local recordings have disappeared and the cameras that are using local storage are no longer recording / saving to the local storage.  Cameras that were recording to the cloud were recording as of 6:45am EST December 23rd but are no longer showing up either.  A similar issue was experienced earlier this month (which was resolved, but seems to have crept back in).   I also noticed that I don't have the option to restart my Base Station anymore from the app.

Is anyone else experiencing this? 

Running iOS 16.1 on iPhone XR, have Essential Doorbell as well as five other cameras.

33 REPLIES 33
TexasG
Guide
Guide

I received another email from support today updating me on the status of my case.

We are sending this update to inform you that your case is still in progress. We also want to assure you that we are monitoring this case closely and will definitely provide an update as soon as a resolution is available.

My system has been broken for over 1 month now.  I am out of patience.  I have asked repeatedly to just roll back the updates but I get no response.  I visited the Arlo Facebook page and it looks like there are multiple class actions lawsuits in the works.  I spent almost $700 on this system and its completely broken.  It shouldn't take this long to fix.  I am going to look for a new system.

rajachilla
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am seeing same problem with my VMB4540r2 HW and cameras Arlo Doorbell, two Arlo Pro 3's and one Arlo Pro2. All of them have same setting motion detection to record locally on 32GB USB3.0. Used to work till first week Dec and stopped now.

Using FW "fix" version this from the older post - VMB4540-1.20.4.1_1311_d606780

Repeated setup in KB - https://kb.arlo.com/1146857/How-do-I-set-up-local-storage-backups-on-a-USB-device-using-my-Arlo-base...

Devices using Arlo app - Android device GS10+ and Chromebook Acer.

I think we need a solution now from Arlo. Since support article of Dec.12th article dont work and thread is closed.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra-2/No-longer-recording-locally-as-of-last-night/m-p/1889898#...

TexasG
Guide
Guide

Just a reminder that this has been broken now for almost two months and Arlo has done nothing to fix this issue.  My system is completely broken and I have spent hours of my own personal time trying to fix this.  I am at the end of my rope.  I am now going to begin posting on social media about these issues every day.  I have already filed a complaint with my state's Attorney General.  I am also going to file with the FTC and any other agency that will listen.  Then I am going to start contacting consumer reporters in the media.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @TexasG

Can you pm me with your best contact number and I will have a member from my L3 team reach out to you regarding this issue. 

Thank you 

GolfZulu68
Aspirant
Aspirant

For a few months now, every couple of weeks, I'm unable to access the BaseHub library; the error message I get every time suggests that "Arlo team is working on this issue", but the issue has not been resolved so far. I'm unable to access it for a week or more at a time. Restarting the BaseHub has not solved it either. 

Firmware= 1.20.4.1_1373_d606780

Hardware= VMB5000r4

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have been an Arlo customer since 2018 using Pro and Pro 2 cameras. I purchased an additional Pro 4 camera last September. It worked and saved recordings locally until December 10th. Arlo support assured me that they would provide a "fix" for this issue to me so my Pro 4 camera recordings would be saved locally to my Hub/USB device. I have been in constant communication with them for over 2 months. Each week, they promise a fix for my issue. I am not interested in a "free" temporary subscription which, even though it's "free" until they solve my issue, I am required to give Arlo my financial information (credit card). I will NOT do that. I receive promises each week that they will fix my problem. This is week NINE. Still waiting. 

If Arlo would simply tell me, "No we will not provide a fix for your problem" I would gladly accept that and move on to a different company's system.

swordfish7
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I had the exact same problem...recently, I upgraded to the latest iOS (16.2), deleted the Arlo App and reinstalled it - things started to work after that and continue to work since I did this...Hope this helps...

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I was contacted today by Jeff (L3 Support of Arlo). I finally have the reason for this issue regarding me. It may apply to others as well. I will try to make this short, but also definitive. Applies to my Android phone but may also apply to iPhone. The "old" Arlo App is known as the "VX3 Experience". The new App is "VX4 Experience". When the VX4 Version was released, "Library" became known as "Feed". In addition, newer cameras -the Pro 4 in my case - recordings were no longer viewable in the Feed. BUT...they are saved locally. Jeff guided me through accessing them.

1. On the APP go to "Home" (upper left on the App.

2. Go to "Devices"

3. Go to "Base Station"

4. Go to "Storage Setings"

The Pro 4 recordings are viewable below in that window.

Again, this applies to my case and hopefully will help others.

Jeff is escalating the issue to Engineering to request fixing this so that newer cameras' recordings are in the "Feed" along with Pro and Pro 2 cameras.

I will give credit where credit is due here. Jeff was sincerely interested, helpful, understanding of the problem and inconvenience experienced to get to the Pro 4 recordings. 

If anyone has the same issue I have, try the above steps. It's not as fast as seeing recordings in the Feed, but at least I can now get to them.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Retired_Member 

That's awesome news!

Thanks for sharing and glad you two were able to resolve this. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.