Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Llewxam
Star
Star

I purchased an additional camera today and I cannot get it to post a pan and zoom image for me to work with. I've tapped the camera at the top right, tapped the screen, and rebooted the base several times. No luck. Any ideas for a fix?  Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Llewxam
Star
Star

Issue solved!  Thank you Arlo. Good work!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Troubleshooting/APP-Camera-Setting-Pan-and-Zoom/m-p/618#U618

Does Netgear monitor this forum? Several of us are having the same or a similar issue.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware and are currently investigating the issue with the pan and zoom feature. The zoom feature when live streaming and manual snapshots are working without issue. We will provide an update when we have a resolution.

JamesC

mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice

Fair enough.  Thank you, sir.

Llewxam
Star
Star

Update:  Just for the heck of it I returned the camera that I was experiencing the pan/zoom dislplay issue.  I sync'd the replacement camera and still have the same problem, no pan zoom.  I did notice, howeve, the camera at the upper right is not available on my Apple computer but is available to use on my iPhone;  never the less clicking the green camera still did not activate the pan zoom feature. 

Jo
Tutor
Tutor

When I first got the system the pan and zoom worked fine.  Attempting to adjust one of the cameras had lead me to discover it no longer works.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware and are currently investigating the issue with the pan and zoom feature. The zoom feature when live streaming and manual snapshots are working without issue. We will provide an update when we have a resolution.

JamesC

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

manual snapshots (tapping or clicking on the camera icon for an individual camera under the settings page) does not work for me. I have the latest software, and I have already tried rebotting the base and the router several times...

Deckard4150
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update on the pan and zoom not working? I purchased my cameras on 11/21/2015 and I am having the same issues. I rebooted from the PC and from the base station with no change.

Thanks

Llewxam
Star
Star
Hi - thanks for your question. You have done everything that I have done that can be adressed from a users perspective. As far as I know Netgear/Arlo has yet issue an update to correct the issue at hand.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Our engineers have tested and resolved this issue and plan to deploy the fix as soon as possible (likely today or by the end of tomorrow). We appreciate your patience and understanding in this process.

Thank you,

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tested this and it's working fine.

Llewxam
Star
Star

Issue solved!  Thank you Arlo. Good work!

Sasnak79
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having this same problem with one of my cameras. Can someone please tell me what the solutions was?

Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

App or browser?  Have you tried the other?  Sometimes logging out and back in clears the issue.

Sasnak79
Tutor
Tutor

Actually, I'm having trouble with both the Android app and browser. But I'll focus more on the Android app. The screen capture image on the left below shows the pan & zoom section on the Android app for one of my other cameras, which seems to be working correctly. But the screen capture image on the right shows the problem camera. Notice that the camera icon on the right side is grayed out, and on the left side of the image is the spinning circle, which never goes away. What started all of this was when I was in the browser I selected the green camera icon, but after a minute or two the icon came back as green, but the camera image did not update like it does on my other cameras. So I then opened the Android app and that is shown below - I can't select the camera icon, and not only that, but my battery charge suddenly went from 90% down to 25% by the next day. Thanks for the help.

Screenshot_20160819-093254[1].png            Screenshot_20160819-093111[1].png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would power cycle the base and open and close the battery door on the camera.  Any luck?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sasnak79,

To add to what jguerdat has suggested above, if you are still having issues after rebooting the base/camera, consider remove the camera from the system (Settings > My Devices > select the affected camera > Remove Device) and then go through the sync process with that camera again.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue,

JamesC

Ponch1965
Initiate
Initiate

I seem to have the same issue upon new install of a 6 camera system (2-Q's and 4-wireless/base).  All camera's function correctly for motion detection, alerts, etc.  Only one camera has the issue.

I have one camera (wireless) that is stuck on the original image when you look at settings/my devices/<camera name>.  Read through the forums, reset base, removed batteries from camera, removed device, resync'd, cleared cache and data on phone app, tried IE, chrome, firefox, and IOS app.  From the app, if I click on the camera, the spinning disk never goes away and image is blank - even after a clean re-install of the application.  From a web browser I can see the original image, take the snapshot, or try to zoom the image of the old spot and that will simply wait 20 seconds and return to the original image with no zooming or panning on the image.

If anyone has other suggestions I would be interested to hear them.  I'm a systems administrator with 20 years of troubleshooting and field experience so feel free to be technical 😉

Thanks for any suggestions in advance,

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd suggest contacting support using the Support link at the top here.  It may be hardware, not software.

Is that technical enough?  😛

Ponch1965
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the suggestion, I did open a case as well.  Arlo/Netgear support was responsive within a few hours to at least make a few suggestions, so that is a good sign that at least they care about the product.

I will report that overnight the issue seems to have corrected itself.  I can't explain why, but coming from the I.T. world - never question success.

Perhaps some good advice would be to sleep on it before jumping on the forum 😉