Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Fishe2a
Tutor
Tutor

Where has my basic plan and all my videos gone? I was sold the system with on the basis that I could use 5 cameras with 7 days storage and then the first day would be deleted?

143 REPLIES 143
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For the browser, log out and back in. Some folks ave said clearing the browser chache has helped.

abgalassi
Guide
Guide
Ditto. I had a a manual recording I was yet to download and several recordings from this morning/afternoon to view and now poof - gone. 8 cameras, paid subscription.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And did you try clearing the browser cache as I suggested above?

Muzz34
Initiate
Initiate

So, before my system cleared itself today while I was going online, I initiated a RESTART on the home base. I did this last week while on vacation because of a fault and doing so both times, it seemed to rectify the issues. Just throwing it out there, maybe give ot a try. So far, everthing seems to be working well. I keep walking in front of the cameras to test them and so far so good.

Rbrownrbrown7
Tutor
Tutor

I cleared both the browser cache and cookies and it fixed the problem for me.  Thank you for the suggestion.

@jguerdat wrote:

For the browser, log out and back in. Some folks ave said clearing the browser chache has helped.

cxxl
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks you, this has fixed the problem. Library now visible 🙂

Bigjames83
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've been rebooting my base station once a day. It seems to be staying online without issue

arneatha
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo just removed their free 7-day cloud storage option. So it deleted all of your recordings. This happened to me today too. The only way to save ANY recordings now is if you pay for the subscription. It's a bait and switch and I'm pissed. I'm going to figure out how to get rid of mine and switch to Ring.

And it comes at the worst time because tonight someone straight actually came to my front door and if someone breaks in here, I only have my Ring to record the action despite now having 3 useless Arlo cameras around the perimeter of my house!!

DRA_PA
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks! I did try the restart and it didn’t work. Only thing that seems to work is to factory reset and add back all of the camera.
DRA_PA
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll give that a shot as well.
DainPulis
Initiate
Initiate

Same thing happened to me I'm pissed as well I'm thinking class action suit hear what a bait and switch that is BS I bought it because of its 7-Day recording feature for free....... And they're not even answering any other post on this subject

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

The 7-day free recording has not been removed. If your Arlo camera came with 7 day Cloud Recording included, you will continue to have this feature. Even if you factory reset your camera/base station, move the cameras to a different account or pair your existing camera with our new Arlo SmartHub, you will continue to have access to 7 day Cloud Recordings for up to 5 cameras on your account.

We made changes to our subscriptions with the introduction of our Ultra cameras. Arlo Ultra comes bundled with a 1 year subscription to Arlo Smart Premier, which provides rolling 30 day storage of cloud recordings and advanced object detection to personalize your notifications. The Premier plan enables these features on up to 10 cameras on your account, even previously purchased Arlo cameras.

If you are having issues with your recordings, please provide more information so that we can assist as that is not expected behavior.

Robfrg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, just woken up here in the UK expecting to see the usual overnight wildlife activity on the cameras, nothing. All videos have gone (created plenty yesterday) and presented with details of plans. Have Netgear removed our basic 7 day 5 camera plan without any information rendering my current setup completely useless?

The version of the base station is 2.7.1 updated 17th Jan. 

Fishe2a
Tutor
Tutor

Why is no one from Arlo posting?

Robfrg
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Fishe2a Just checked back and all present and correct again, ok so they haven’t removed or “upgraded” my account (my experience with Netgear is not good hence my scepticism).  However looking in the Smart forum and some of the comments there I do think it’s only a matter of time before we lose this free access. 

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

The 7-day free recording has not been removed. If your Arlo camera came with 7 day Cloud Recording included, you will continue to have this feature. Even if you factory reset your camera/base station, move the cameras to a different account or pair your existing camera with our new Arlo SmartHub, you will continue to have access to 7 day Cloud Recordings for up to 5 cameras on your account.

We made changes to our subscriptions with the introduction of our Ultra cameras. Arlo Ultra comes bundled with a 1 year subscription to Arlo Smart Premier, which provides rolling 30 day storage ofcloud recordings and advanced object detection to personalize your notifications. The Premier plan enables these features on up to 10 cameras on your account, even previously purchased Arlo cameras.

If you are having issues with your recordings, please provide more information so that we can assist as that is not expected behavior.

Robfrg
Aspirant
Aspirant

@DawnM many thanks for the very fast response and clarification re. the existing accounts.

I've re-checked the recordings and everything I expected to see is visible in my library again, it seems I was having a temporary issue.  FYI when I viewed my library and it was empty, I was being pointed to the new accounts sign up (on iOS app) hence the conclusion I jumped to.

There does seem to be confusion over the new accounts, their availability in varous regions and how that might affect existing accounts it'd be good to see your message above somewhere more prominent. 

Fishe2a
Tutor
Tutor

Mine are all back as well, seems like Arlo was having the issues, hopefully no one needed their CCTV last night....

cramercc
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same problems here. Being directed to set up new account.
The new feature programming is diminishing our basic controls.
Mattblack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I ask why I can no longer access recordings, not is the system making recordings when the motion sensor camera is activated when I am away from home. Defeats the whole purpose of the system. When purchased the system came with the 7 days recording from up to 5 cameras included in the package. Have rebooted and cleared the cache as suggested but to no avail. Now makes the whole point of buying your system in the first place null and void. Can you kindly advise on if you are still providing the service and if so, how do i fix the problem???

If you have cahnged the system you were required to notify me of any changes, I believe!

Dacarlq
Aspirant
Aspirant

Library recordings have stopped for me on two different accounts (one with four cameras and another two cameras).  I have been viewing the library recordings for more than a year and have not changed anything on my end, yet the Library recordings from the past seven days are not present.  Now what?

Dacarlq
Aspirant
Aspirant

Found post about clearing browser history (all cache, history, etc) and it corrected the problem. 

arneatha
Aspirant
Aspirant

Man, I almost went off! Lol. I was up late last night watching reviews for Ring's spotlight and stick up cam ready to make that super expensive switch! 

My recordings are back now. I logged on from my laptop and could see them. Didn't know how to clear my cache on my Android so I just cleaned out the memory thinking that should do it and I guess it did. 

I'm glad y'all responded and said something because I was about to look for the box and head right back to Best Buy!

missmadams
Initiate
Initiate

My ARLO video library is EMPTY, on both my cell phone and when I log in using the computer. 

Streak2
Master Master
Master

There was a glitch earlier today for some users.

Most have reported that the problem resolved itself.

You can try restart your base and see if all is OK now.