Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Guide
Guide

Hi

I noticed there was a dicussion about night settings and reflections in the glass.  Has anyone found a setting enable the camera to see through a window at night?  The room in normally dark inside as well as the lights off outside.

I know I can mount the camera outside, but before I do I'd like to know if it is a setting issue that is causing the reflection.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Then your only real choice is to mount them outdoors.  Folks here have rigged up locking cables and have used other mounts to make them harder to physically remove.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, you can use an Arlo camera through the glass , but you must do two things first.

1) mask off all the IR illuminators on the front of the camera with like electric tape so there is no bounce back to wash out images as the IR will auto turn on with low light levels ( there is no user contol of this , it is preset )

2) be able to use it only in the manual mode as the PIR that detects motions will not function through glass

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Guide
Guide

Thanks.  I appreciate the suggestion.  

In my situation I need the motion detection on.  These are set as security cameras for when our office is closed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Then your only real choice is to mount them outdoors.  Folks here have rigged up locking cables and have used other mounts to make them harder to physically remove.  

Guide
Guide

Thanks.  I've been able to mount them high enough outside that it would take some work to get to for someone to remove them.

The drawback is that I really like my images to be face-height, in the event of a thief.