Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New version of app doesn't show battery status

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
I installed the new mobile app, and it seems it doesn't display battery level for cameras. Is it true that this feature was removed?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
Netgear released a fix and the Android app has it now

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Buckeyebulldog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Battery life is gone and it is so much harder to turn cameras on and off...I am still trying to figure it out.  NOT A FAN of the new update!

plasmo
Luminary
Luminary

Looks like the battery icon is now on the upper left of the camera picture.

texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
No battery icon is there. Just wifi signal strength and motion icons.
plasmo
Luminary
Luminary

I have a small battery icon here:

(it's super small - and I wish it had a PERCENT % remaining option!!!)

arlo.jpg

texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
My android app has no battery icon. My apple ipad app does.
rgtucker
Aspirant
Aspirant

My NEW Android app does not have a battery life indicator either.

OS ver 5.1.1

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

texbeau wrote:
I installed the new mobile app, and it seems it doesn't display battery level for cameras. Is it true that this feature was removed?

Yes that feature seems to be gone with th new "upgraded" (?) android app along with a few other removed functions. What a terrible move this system update was, I'm so fed up with the whole Arlo/Netgear approach with these camera systems I'm taking mine down once and for all.

There are so many unresolved issued with the system still troubling current users, however their priority and efforts are all concentrated on pushing out new products. So I understand, this major software upgrade was for the purpose of accomodating the new Arlo-Q system. But it hasn't done anything to fix some of the ongoing problems, actually removing or changing some of the good working functions.

Just a bad strategy by Netgear, I'm done with them.

Paul FCCL

Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice
No battey icon here on Android booooo for who ever decide no to include that feature. Ability to turn on one camera and record on the rest is something to get used to a bit more thought on when camera detects motion do this and that also notifications can be turned off or on without the camera recording
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Netgear states battery icon will be fixed in android

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
Glad to hear that.
texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
Glad to hear that.
texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
Netgear released a fix and the Android app has it now
Musashi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just performed an update on the Arlo app on my iPhone, and it replaced the working battery indicators with battery indicators with slashes/lines going through them. So I am now unable to tell how much life I have left on my batteries. I'm not the least bit sure as to why they've decided to disallow the battery indicator status.
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

The number of lines in the battery icon actually indicate the charge level.....you should see fewer lines as battery discharges. I haven't seen it go that low yet, but at some point you should get an obvious warning symbol.

Paul