Firmware update in progress

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
robrez
Tutor
Tutor

Firmware update in progress. Do not remove batteries.

I installed this product just yesterday, and this morning it's stuck in a firmware update.

This isn't something that inspires much confidence in a home security product. From what I've managed to find in your forums, the cameras automagically update firmware at sometime in the early AM. To fix the issue (hopefully), you have to physically restart the base station, remove the batteries from the camera (which you may have just bricked) and resync.

This, if I'm understanding everything correctly, leaves the potential for someone to be out-of-town (which is the reason I purchased this device) and stuck with a useless product.

Base Station
FW Version:  1.7.3_5005
HW Version:  VMB3010r2

Camera details unavailable because it is currently a useless brick

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can contact support for more info but here's a link that may help:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Wire-Free-camera/Camera-off-line/m-p/5640#U5640

robrez
Tutor
Tutor

As a quick update

The update did never seem to finish. I was able to return to my home and power off the base until, remove a battery from the camera, power on the base unit, once back on replace the battery in the camera. 

The camera is working again - my concern is that tonight or in a handful a of nights (while I'm out of town) another firmware update will fail.

Is there any way to disable automatic firmware updates altogether? This is something I'd want to do if I plan on being away from home. I can't find any settings for it.

Camera details --

Hardware - H7
Firmware- 1.2.4941
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

robrez,

I am glad to hear the camera is back working. Currently, firmware updates are automatic, so there is no way to disable them.

We are currently investigating any issues that may have been related to this most recent release.

JamesC

jeffschropp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,

I have the same issue this morning.  went to change the batteries in camera-B, synced it with base station (version below), went online to websit to view cameras, now I can only see camera-A.  Camera-B is "stuck" in firmware update.  I followed instructions above, and now I am back to the same point -- i can see camera-A, but camera-B is telling me a firmware update is available and there is a button that says "update".  is this a vicious circle?  how can i tell it that i don't wan't the firmware update.  or will it succeed the second time?

Jeff

Version
2.0.2.732_11731
Released
02/11/16
jeffschropp
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have an update-- i just tried the mobile app and seems to be working OK.

Jeff

jeffschropp
Aspirant
Aspirant

third update -- i rebooted my laptop and accessed the website and everything is working normal now.

Jeff