New system. Setup fails. Says not connected

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Kappler0
Follower
Follower

Hello, tried resetting confirmed base is connected to router. Two green lights. iPad app says base not connected when pressing new system setup. What can I do here? Serial is 48914c7ka09a9.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

During setup, make sure your ipad/android is on the same wifi system as the Arlo base

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Heidi
Aspirant
Aspirant

It will not setup! just bought it and it will not detect my base unit. No matter what I have tried. Going to return this $500 dollar mess

DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning Community members, 

@Kappler0 According to our latest data center report, I see that your Base Station is online, however your camera's have the status of unavailable. 

In an attempt to try to get your system back in working order, try to re-sync your camera's to your Base Station. 

This article will explain how to perform this task: My Arlo camera won't sync to the base station how can I troubleshoot?

Please let me know if this helps.

@Heidi I was unable to see your Arlo system on our report. Let's try a couple of steps to get you up and running as well.

1. This article pertains to the initial Internet connectivity setup with the Arlo Base Station: How do I connect my Arlo base station to the Internet?
  2. After following that guide please refer to How do I set up and sync my Arlo cameras?

Heidi, If you don't mind, please provide the steps taken in the attempts to connect your Base Station to the Internet. 

Did the system provide you with an error? Were you unable to register the serial number? 

I look forward to your responses @Heidi and @Kappler0

Thank you,

DeannS

Arlo Team

RonSchnare
Aspirant
Aspirant

mine will not connect either and im not sure what your meanig the base station is hard wired to router and makes its own wifi so not sure what you mean that they need to be on same wifi .i figured it would be an ip connection after that

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to give us more details.

The base is not only powered via a power plug but is also wired to the router via an Ethernet cable, hence it's hard-wired.  Once set up, the base creates its own WiFi network for the cameras that can't be accessed by any other method.  You can see the SSID but you can't connect - only the cameras will.