Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
arlobit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ive browsed the other threads on this, such as this one  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Apps/Apps-won-t-detect-base-station/m-p/4837#U4837

Still, it seems I cant get past the step of registerign my base station.  The android app wont see it and neither will the website in the browser.

Yes, I have:

- made sure both lights are green (power and interenet)

- done a factory reset on the base station

- my router has assigned an IP via dhcp

What next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

arlobit,

A factory reset would have released the base station from the other account. Are you performing the factory reset by holding the sync button and the reset button on the back of the base station until all lights flash amber?

JamesC

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Craigke
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have same issue with iPhone, and iPad. Starting to really get mad!!!!

arlobit wrote:

Ive browsed the other threads on this, such as this one  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Apps/Apps-won-t-detect-base-station/m-p/4837#U4837

Still, it seems I cant get past the step of registerign my base station.  The android app wont see it and neither will the website in the browser.

Yes, I have:

- made sure both lights are green (power and interenet)

- done a factory reset on the base station

- my router has assigned an IP via dhcp

What next?

Craigke
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm returning this tomorrow, no tech support at all

arlobit
Aspirant
Aspirant

fyi - when I try to connect to the website, https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login, I am doing so with a direct connection to my router with a cable, not a wireless connection.

arlobit
Aspirant
Aspirant

One thing I didnt mention was that I purchased my system from Amazon and apparently it was already registered by somone.  I had to send in my proof of purchase.  Hopefully this is the reason things arent working right.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

arlobit,

A factory reset would have released the base station from the other account. Are you performing the factory reset by holding the sync button and the reset button on the back of the base station until all lights flash amber?

JamesC

arlobit
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I was only hitting the small reset button with a paperclip.  Ill try doing as you suggested and report back.

arlobit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Praise the Lord!  You guys are great.  That was all it took, just doing a factory reset.  Once I did that, I was off to the races.  Everything is working as expected now.  Next up will be setting up motion detection etc, but the hard part is over now it seems.

thank you!

HarrySten
Initiate
Initiate

This is what i did and it worked perfect! 
I only tested this on iphone and ipad. I had no PC or MAC at home.

When i tried with only the arlo app it didn´t work.
Could not find base station at all.

This is what i did when the arlo app didn´t detect my base station at first setup.
I downloaded "puffin browser" from app store.

Then i opened  https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login

From there everything was working instantly.

Why?
I have no clue but it worked perfect!

Netti15
Star
Star
Thank you. Strange. But Puffin really works.
Telford
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I just bought a second arlo camera with base station to install in a second home in Illinois.  My problem is, when I go on the computer to sync it, I'm sent back to my first arlo camera and base station n California.  All is plugged in fine.  My new base station doesn't seem to allow me to do a factory reset.  Only goes back to green for power/router connection.  I may have to mail this back today if I can't get a solution.  Pity.  I love my one, working Arlo.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I believe you have to use a different email address to make this work.  The original one will always send you to the original setup.  The other possibility could be to use one of the enhanced/paid upgrades to your account.

Telford
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!  It works fine with a separate email account, which I also have linked to my primary account so messages go there as well.  Thanks again.