Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New install, cameras sync but dont show up on iPhone

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Jim-Britton
Aspirant
Aspirant

ive tried multiple times to get cameras to show up. they sync fine, per the lights but no picture shows up on the iPhone6. Tried also from laptop. light are green. Sync process seems to work (flashing blue light) but when light stops flashing blue, there is no camera view.

14 REPLIES 14
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Are you talking about the camera still picture that appears on the camera page for each camera?

I believe you need to have had a recording event or a Live View for that camera before a still picture shows up.

Jim-Britton
Aspirant
Aspirant

When they first sync, a snapshot of whatever is in front of the camera should show on the phone (I think). There is nothing.

Jim-Britton
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think when the cameras sync, the first thing that should happen is the camera should have a snapshot of whatever is in front of the camera. There's a place for five cameras. I sync the cameras and nothing shows up on the iPhone.

Eurostarflyer
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have exactly the same issue, camera and base lights flash and base says camera connected however no picture at all on iPhone 6? Help please
Eurostarflyer
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jim-Britton, Eurostarflyer

Live streaming the camera following the sync process will update the thumbnail for the camera to what it is pointing toward. Click the play button on the cameras screen for the affected camera. Are you able to live stream the camera? Does the thumbnail update after you end the stream?

JamesC

Jim-Britton
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera is the rather oval looking camera. I don't see a screen or a play button on the camera. Sorry if I seem rather dense. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, he's referring to using the app or browser interface. When you log in, you should see your cameras on the first screen. Do they show a view of the last thing captured or are any of them just showing a green block suggesting that you can use live view to get that view?

Jim-Britton
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok, I called tech support and they had me up and running in no time. The problem was, I needed to log out, log back in and sync the base station. Once the base station was synced, the cameras came online!
2Maximhealth
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jim-Britton wrote:

When they first sync, a snapshot of whatever is in front of the camera should show on the phone (I think). There is nothing.

unable to install Arlo on my Iphone

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

2Maximhealth,

Is the iPhone connected to the same network as the base station?

JamesC

2Maximhealth
Aspirant
Aspirant

2Maximhealth
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both are connected to ATT9172.  When I hit "GET" on the APP, it went into the think mode and did nothing beyond that.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

2Maximhealth,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC