Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New install - Arlo can’t connect to Virgin media hub 3.0

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jay2jay99
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a new Arlo 4 camera system (not pro) and have been trying to set it up with no joy, when I turn it on I cannot get two green lights, I get the power light green but the internet stays orange, I was originally connect to a hub on the network but I have since connected directly to the hub and still it doesn’t pick it up, I looked at the connected devices list on the hub and it’s not there. I tried a factory reset and disabling the firewall, but still no green light.

Any help is most appreciated.!

Jason.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jay2jay99
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok, all resolved now. It appears last night must’ve been due to the issues Arlo were having with their servers, just an unlucky coincidence that I was doing an initial setup at the same time.
The problem this morning (where I had two green lights but I still couldn’t discover it from my phone) was because I had a vpn running on my phone, disabled that and it picked it up in seconds. ☺️👍🏼

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jay2jay99
Aspirant
Aspirant
I left it on all night connected directly to my VM hub and when I got up I had 2 green lights but it still wasn’t discoverable from the Arlo app.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Likely a server issue. Dunno if it's totally resolved yet. Power cycle the base and try again.

jay2jay99
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok, all resolved now. It appears last night must’ve been due to the issues Arlo were having with their servers, just an unlucky coincidence that I was doing an initial setup at the same time.
The problem this morning (where I had two green lights but I still couldn’t discover it from my phone) was because I had a vpn running on my phone, disabled that and it picked it up in seconds. ☺️👍🏼